Why does my PFD say both GPS and ROL?

Flying the Caravan and sometimes it follows GPS flight plan while other times I notice instead of showing just GPS it both GPS and ROL. Am I missing a step? Is this a bug? Seems to work sometimes (shows just GPS) while other times it does not (shows GPS ROL). Any help/suggestions appreciated - thanks in advance!

1. You probably have the early-access G1000 NXi mod installed.
  2. It’s more accurate to the actual behavior of the equipment.
  3. It’s armed, but has not yet captured. It will capture when you get closer to the flight plan.
  4. To capture immediately, ensure you are within 1 dot of horizontal offset on the CDI before hitting NAV.

Here’s the real-life manual for reference: https://static.garmin.com/pumac/190-02177-00_A.pdf

2 Likes

Are you using the Working Title G1000 mod? If so, GPS in white font means Nav is armed but you need to be on an intercept course. GPS will turn green when the mode is active.

3 Likes

99% THIS is the reason

Thanks everyone…that sounds about right. Will give it a try tonight.

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities because of G1000 NXi. In the future, it helps to be detailed about what NavUnit you’re using and if you’re on stock or a separately downloaded version. Thanks.

That’s exactly what it was…thanks again!

1 Like