Why is it so long to fix bugs?

Can you hold at a waypoint?

Really? Is that why they tried to give us free monthly updates, every second core game, every second free scenery? Is that why they work together with WT to give us free improvements on the garmins? All about the benjamins? Is that why we don’t have to pay plenty of those benjamins to have real life weather like other sims?

1 Like

Oh, and if you really want to learn how to do it, you can do it manually.

Nice I hope they will make it available on gns 430 530, and gtn750.

Have you read any of this thread in the past four hours? Embarrassing to be a member here somedays.

What started as a sensible discussion has, as always, degenerated into a bash fest.
Even after a public admission of the backlog of bugs that has grown to a point where they have completely changed the update schedule and are focusing on ways to hasten the bugfix process, our wonderful community cannot manage anything much beyond kindergarten accusations.

One of the requirements in this forum used to be that posts need to have some constructive quality to them. You have a concern, a question, a bug, ask for assistance in finding a solution and when that fails, report the bug. Venting about perceived dishonest motives will not get your bug solved any quicker.

Can we please get back to a “sensible” discussion?

7 Likes

Please keep the discussion civilized. It’s okay to discuss if you agree or not with the course of development. Just don’t make any personal attacks against your fellow forum members.

If not this thread will be closed

3 Likes

The funny thing is, the same people were complaining about rushed rollouts of updates before, now they are complaining about why it takes so long to fix things. I can’t help but think there really is a certain Karen-type forum user, who just likes to complain no matter what.

8 Likes

Apparently “they” had to contract with a “third Party Developer” to “Fix” the garmins. Now I have to Add an “Addon/Mod” to my community folder if I want to use it because the Garmin that came with my MSFS aircraft wont work correctly. Imagine that… In any case, we LOVE the MSFS… and that you can take to the bank of your choice …Smile

The reason you need to install the NXi separately is because it’s a beta for the new systems that will eventually make their way into the core sim, without an extra download

4 Likes

So now that everyone has expressed their beliefs, here is what I think too.
Aviation is a very eclectic world.
Learning the exact needs of a pilot is a LONG journey.
While MSFS is supposed to be beautiful, let’s not forget the simulation side of the story.
So how do you learn to fly?
A lot of money.
It’s a joke, but you all know what we say about jokes, there is some truth to them.
Now I also think they should improve, with smaller planes with less complicated systems.
Start their way from the ground to the sky like a real pilot should.
I see all these very skilled simulator captains that I could learn from, but the sad part of the story is that they most often have BAD beliefs learned on behalf of simulators.
Now when the game started I posted a ticket to zendesk complaining about the 152 and 172, I remember how bad the physics was.
We couldn’t even fly in a cloud because the windshield would freeze.
What I think makes people angry is how long it took to fix such a small bug, and that’s why I started this post. SMALL bugs.
the ones I know someone could fix in a matter of weeks, maybe even DAYS.

Have fun with them.

AwesomeBlack533,
I will look forward to that being included in the core sim. thanks for the info… It has always been my preference not to have to load extra mods just to make an instrument included in the base sim, function correctly.

1 Like

I just tried it, and there is no from/to indication when selecting the OBS mode.
Still not a correct GPS.

Those 20000 bugs they have fixed since launch were not small bugs? I thought that was the reason why you guys do not give credit for them? I rather think what makes a very small number of people angry is that the bugs they think are the most important are not getting fixed. Most people are not angry.

Can you please list this 20,000 bug change log? You keep referencing it.

1 Like

The person you quoted made sense and obviously knows a couple of things about software development…as do I.

OK…so let’s use your point of view. Many folks like you appear to assume that the team at Asobo is made up of 5th graders who run around throwing water balloons at each other all day. According to the doom and gloom crowd, they don’t know where the bugs are, aren’t fixing them, and don’t care if they ever get fixed.

Sorry, but I know which point of view makes sense to me.

5 Likes

Who do you imply I do not give them any credit ?
Can you please be polite.
The thread is about WHY we are 1 year later with those low level bugs.
Truth is I find answers even in some less apropriate comments, we do not have much information from Asobos, else we would not have this discussion.
Like someone else said, 20 000 seems to be a stretch.

It was mentioned by the developers in the most recent Q&A. Take their word for it or don’t. We don’t have access to their internal bug tracking tools so we don’t know for sure. What reason would they have to lie about it?

Anyways, here is a pretty exhaustive list of patch notes if you want to count them yourself.

1 Like

Well I think there can be an honest and respectful discussion about why it takes so long to fix certain bugs.

I’ll bring up the example again of the legacy avionics blackout bug for airliners. This seemed to disappear from PC at some point but has reappeared on Xbox and is plaguing that player base. It is absolutely fair to ask why it is not on the beta test list for SU6.

This was the point I was trying to make. We don’t know what is defined as a bug so the number really doesn’t mean a whole lot IMHO.