Why is no one caring about AI or Live Traffic (Models, Liveries)

I see no posts about that topic… I mean what is this ? While the A330 model is at least recognizable, albeit the weird nose, what in the actual f*** is this mix between A340 and A380, that is a friggin joke!

My Son is 9 years and models better stuff in minecraft, who did this ?! Also where are the liveries ? this live traffic is absolute useless with 2 kind of airplane “models” and without any liveries, wasted resources…it adds nothing and only disturbs at this stage…can´t be too hard to model a basic 787, 737, a350, a321 etc. to give us at least some variation…

7 Likes

You haven’t been paying much attention. This has been asked for many times since launch, and it was discussed in detail by Asobo in one of the recent Q&A sessions. The reason they don’t have it in MSFS atm is that they haven’t managed to acquire licencing rights from the airlines to use their liveries. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but 2020 hasn’t been a very good year for airlines. Requests of “I want to use your logo and liveries in my video game” aren’t exactly at the top of their list of priorities right now. It’s not that Microsobo haven’t tried. We’ll have official support for it in time.

And there are currently 2 mod teams currently working on projects that will do exactly that. Not sure when exactly they’ll be launching their wares, but I can imagine we’ll have it within the next couple of months or so at most.

21 Likes

When I enable Live or AI traffic on the world screen it’s an instant CTD. I believe that’s pretty common.

Ummm… no. That’s not a common issue at all. If it was, there would be a ton of threads talking about it. There USED to be an issue with AI traffic a while back that got fixed. Live Traffic has never been a widespread issue for causing CTD.

8 Likes

Wow. Pretty passionate post. I can see this is a very dear subject. I kept waiting for the inevitable, “this makes the sim completely unflyable!” :slight_smile:

I can offer three plausible reasons this hasn’t completely taken over the forum.

1. The development of third party AI Traffic add-ons will offer significantly more control and accuracy than we will ever see from the default system.
    1. The licencing of payware software by the airlines is pretty low priority and will probably force the use of freeware liveries.
    1. It is pretty far down the priority list when compared to some of the aircraft system and weather bugs we are still working to solve.

Actually there is still a number of users that are having issues related to memory usage that is often alleviated by turning off AI traffic and so is still a significant part of the troubleshooting for CTD with xxxx0005 errors.

2 Likes

I thought this problem had been fixed in the November patch. I suppose people are still experiencing this issue.

Is it affecting just AI traffic as it was before, or Live Traffic as well?

People care about AI and traffic, it’s just setting to even low end real world settings brings most systems to it’s knees.

If there is a breakthrough in coding in the future, great. If not, well, most of us will continue to exist in a Langoliers level world. I already do having eliminated nearly everything on the ramp in order to not have a slideshow and I’ve absolutely tweaked everything to get close to 30fps in the cockpit.

Liveries? I can live without them. Honestly, the Aviators Club was a bit of a let down. Too much white which is already blown out in game. For others, I guess it’s more important.

Two seperate issues.
Some are having errors that have been triggered by network issues. Those have been mostly eliminated by turning off Live Traffic and or Live Weather.
Others are memory usage problems that are often solved by turning off AI Traffic and or turning down ground and marine traffic.

1 Like

whats your pc specs

If that’s true then airlines should be looking for any avenue to make extra income, there is no way airlines couldn’t find time.

Ryzen 5, RX-580 8GB, 16GB RAM, dedicated NVME for the sim alone.

Well then, I stand corrected. I wasn’t aware of any traffic related issues still plaguing the sim since the older AI traffic issues that didn’t despawn AI planes once they were out of range. I guess I haven’t been reading all the bug sections of the forum since they split them up into so many categories.

If using XMP or any other memory tweak/overclock, try shutting them down and run at default clock speeds. then try testing traffic. If using anything less than 32GB physical memory, be sure to increase virtual memory to total 32GB, physical + virtual.

Wise man Crunch. You really don’t want to go there…

The same thing happens to me with MSFS as what happened to me with a love: I fell in love but he lied to me. The difference is that I don’t want to leave MSFS.
MSFS is adorable and I love it. but it’s true: they sold us real air traffic that doesn’t exist. Curtain.
You can talk a lot and a lot and a lot about air traffic but the reality is that there isn’t. The clouds, the airports, the effects, the sound, the airbus neo … whatever we want. But air traffic planes don’t exist.
I have learned to convert and now I have ALMOST all the FAIB, TFS AND AIG traffic that I had in prepar3dv5, converted to MSFS. works!! but I want my boyfriend MSFS to surprise me, (since I have paid the most expensive deluxe version) and show us what he promised in his videos.
I find that lately it is very easy to sell something and then fill the months with BUGS, FIXES, ETC … instead of giving things right from the beginning. It is not the same as a banana in a greengrocer: you buy it and touch it and choose it and eat it.
There are no banana fixes.
MSFS, I love you very much, but please listen to one of your boyfriend and don’t tell him that air traffic is unimportant: it is FUNDAMENTAL.

1 Like

The royalties for that would be very insignificant compared to the lawyer fees to do up an agreement. Hardly worth their while.
Some airlines have always been quick to step up on previous sims. Those are the ones that just like the exposure. Free advertising. Others see the potential of their airline being used inappropriately on some you tube video and are afraid of the negative publicity.

2 Likes

And yet I can see the same traffic flying in and out of my local airport, in MSFS, as I see on FlightRadar. Live Traffic works and IS there. They still have some bugs involving nonstandard FP reporting that reduces the available flights. What isn’t yet modeled is the appropriate liveries and aircraft models, but that is coming.

So very simply. Your boyfriend didn’t lie to you.

You know its going to be a good thread when you see an armchair programmer saying “Can’t be too hard to…”

10 Likes

i dont agree.
i have never seen the traffic like in flightradar24.
and, it cant work, when we dont have the models, and liveries. so…what do me have?
im actually using PSXT and its great. wiht my converted models at least if i see a 767 landing, i will know that in real is also a 767!

I would suggest checking your settings. There are plenty of posts with screenshots showing the sim map alongside a FlightRadar map. Yes, in some case the traffic volume is down from real world but we know why and they are working on that problem. If you are NOT seeing ANY Live Traffic then there must be either a setting or network issue.