Why is the C172 always shown on splash screen?

After you press FLY, the C172 is always displayed on the splash screen. Why not show the plane in which you are going to fly. Maybe even some screenshots submitted by users, since Asobo seems to really like screenshots. And some info about that plane, like FBW does with the A32NX.

That would require the screenshots submitted by users to be downloaded into the patch updates.

Just put your own custom screen shots in the base folder. You can show what you want then. The folder is found here. MS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base\missions\Common\LOADING

3 Likes

There’s a Wishlist topic for that:

I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I wrote a little Windows bat file that takes 10 random screenshots from my PC (screenshots are only when flying) and:

1. Places 10 random screenshots in a new addon folder structure I created for this purpose. That way I can turn it on/off using an Addon Manager
  2. Converts them to jpg (because screenshots are in png format)
  3. Updates the layout.json for the addon
  4. Cleans up temp files it used.

There seems to be no limit to how many screenshots you can have. Like I mentioned, I’m up to 10.

If there’s interest, I’ll cleanup the code and share it. Please please please be aware, I’m not a developer, I’m just a hack. :slight_smile:

OMG!..don’t they have enough problems! :face_with_hand_over_mouth::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The idea is good. But I really worry things get worsened in an attempt to improve something as we learned from several updates.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.