Why is there still no VDGS for Xbox?

Actually… there is — a small Malaysian developer has managed to implement it in its airports — so why has no one else? The Secret Studio has proved that it can be done, so I’m surprised some of the bigger houses haven’t followed suit.

I just read that IniBuilds are now using something called ‘Nool VDGS’, which is a system for those who don’t have GSX. Sounds like this could be something that could be ported to Xbox?

All that mod does is add VDGS to supported airports, meaning only certain ones will have it. It’s not a substitute for GSX either; it gives function to the digital gate marshal that was created by the airport developer. VGDS is installed when you download and install the airport after purchasing (should that be the case) either as a standalone download or is packaged with the airport.

That said, based on the information on his website, it seems like you could add it to an airport and slap it for Xbox. Even then, it comes down to the developer and ones like Orbx, Flightbeam and Iniscene are all pretty big players in the airport development game and they’re slowly adding it to their airports that support them IRL.

MSFS Visual Docking Guidance System for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS from flightsim.to shows which airports it supports but I cant guarantee comprehensiveness. Not every major airport has a Safegate system IRL or one installed at every gate too so there could be a realism factor at play.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

what would be the airports with vdgs integrated on xbox? I ask to buy them.

All those by The Secret Studio. Not sure how well it works, though — and few here seem to have experience with their airports. They currently only develop Malaysian airports.

1 Like

Interestingly, MK Studios’ new LEMG features a fully functioning VDGS system, that works really well. No mention of it anywhere, which I find odd since this is pretty big for Xbox.

Let’s hope it gets rolled out universally. If MK can do it, surely so can everyone else?