Why isn't there any hype about the upcoming Australia World Update?

Nonsense.

23 Likes

I live in Tasmania, Oz’s island state, which is already very nice to fly around. The capital, Hobart, is mostly photogrammetry already and the west coast wilderness areas, with lots of lakes, harbours and rugged mountain ridges is very beautiful; especially nice for ridge soaring in gliders, or sightseeing in floatplanes, with so many watery places to touch down and take off from. Also, being about the size of the Republic of Ireland, Tasmania is small enough for lots of easy flights to and from regional airports.

2 Likes

I’m hyped!

1 Like

Hopefully there will be iconic cute animals like kangaroos and koalas to visit! And some dangerous and eerie swamp-lands with crocodiles and alligators just like in the movie “Black Water”. (Luckily my Seneca can not land there so no dangers of being ending up in the stomach of a crocodile…)

:kangaroo:

3 Likes

I’d literally be okay with no world updates for 6 months if instead they started uploading quality planes (airliners :drooling_face:) to the Xbox store. Lol

4 Likes

I have actually noticed the ground textures already looking really good in some areas… :upside_down_face: :shushing_face:

Can’t wait!!! Top of my wishlist is YMML with the Melbourne city and YBCG gold coast airport with updated photogrametry of the City.

1 Like

I’d rather stay 6 months without world updates but have the sim fixed. (Weather, snow covered world, CTD’s performance )

12 Likes

Many of us down under are hyped for this. The one thing I am hoping for is water masking along the Great Barrier Reef and around our coastlines. Bits and pieces have been appearing, but with the reef done it will be a great place to island hop.

7 Likes

Just crocs mate…alligators are across the Pacific

3 Likes

This.
There’s no hype for any world update when there are still game breaking bugs.

7 Likes

I don‘t have any source right now (some forum comment or some past Q&A dev update video perhaps?), but I think New Zealand is - unfortunately - not included.

2 Likes

And yet it’s kind of ridiculous that often modeling is being done several times from different publishers. I wish Microsobo at least would pick the best quality addon’s some day and integrate it into the Base simulation. In this case i believe ORBX indeed does work for Microsobo, i believe? Imagine they would buy ORBX as a company and they would working on improvements of the base simulation… :blue_heart:

I am looking forward to this release. I do wonder about conflict with my Orbx purchases though.

I don’t think that will go down well with the Aussies… Nepal it isn’t but I disagree.
Oz is a stunningly beautiful country - and is also so in MSFS. Even the desert has enough good imagery to be there in stunning detail. It also has stark contrasts between the interior and coastal areas - wild and windy in Taz and tropical and steamy up top and the the NSW mountains (Koskiusko) is lovely to fly around…

1 Like

I’m just annoyed that I spent the best part of 3 months touring all round Australia and literally a few days after I finish my tour they announce Australia as the next update!! :see_no_evil::joy:

Still if you haven’t ventured to that part of the world I thoroughly recommend it!

3 Likes

Well, Australia will certainly be a great place for me to fly… simply because when I find time to fly it‘s mostly daylight there and night here :rofl:

I‘ve been to Australia once. I haven‘t seen much in these 5 weeks naturally, also we‘ve been evacuated due to flood etc in the end (with a Twotter btw :D) But I loved it and I‘m looking forward to discover it in detail. Hype? I generally don‘t follow any hype. It bores me. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m from Australia and am definitely looking forward to it.

4 Likes

I’m glad that the locals do look forward to the update, and to be fair so am I, even though I was only ever in Australia on vacation. But still maybe it is a good time for me to get the dust covers

And while I completely agree with everyone that instead of World Updates and stuff like that Asobo and Microsoft should be concentrating on killing off some of those pesky bugs that are still present within the simulator.

I still think that if for nothing else but just to see the towns that I have visited in real life a couple of years ago, once again from the air I may get the dust off the 787 that’s in my hangar and hop over to Australia for a few flights before returning to my “base” in Athens, Greece.

Yeah I recall the same being said by Jorg during one of the videos - to me it seemed heavily implied that they specifically chose not to add New Zealand in this update because it will have its own dedicated one.

3 Likes