Why isn't there any hype about the upcoming Australia World Update?

Or did I simply miss it? But even the search here with “australia” only shows up older (and closed) discussions about Australia.

For earlier World Updates there was much anticipation and discussion going on, e.g. whether churches - and pubs :wink: - would be properly rendered in the UK, or whether the Matterhorn in the German/Switzerland/Austria would look good etc.

But for Australia? Where is the hype? :slight_smile: According to some announcement it should bring more photogrammetric cities than any World Update before it…

P.S. On a completely different note: oh my, look the recent photos in the weekly photo contest look gorgeous! There are some really talented photographers out there :slight_smile:

Have a look: [BLOG] January 20th, 2022 Development Update

5 Likes

Because nobody wants to fly inverted all day.

125 Likes

Well I for one, am glad there’s no hype! It’s nice to have a little respite from all the noise.

7 Likes

To be honest Australia isnt my goto place to fly, mainly because its so much desert and flat land.

21 Likes

Why melted gray photo chunks when there is ORBX?

8 Likes

Because first they should fix the game. No World Update will help us to fly without any issue. And every World Update came with more bugs

46 Likes

I wonder if it’s “Australia and outlying Islands (i.e. Papua New Guinea)” or, simply, “Australia” ?

1 Like

I hope we get a Sydney Harbour bridge

3 Likes

There is another thread about flying in Australia where the hype is being built.

1 Like

I see enough melted buildings in NYC

4 Likes

Check over here…
Regards

8 Likes

Garbage, it’s a beautiful country.

16 Likes

I’m looking forward to exploring the Australia world update after the sim is in a more usable state, which I’m really hoping will be sometime this year…

6 Likes

Probably because I’m not looking forward to reinstalling it yet again after the update.

2 Likes

I’m super hyped about it. Perfect place to fly in the evenings US time (still daylight in Oz). Looking forward to the photogrammetry cities. Hopefully there’ll be plenty of VATSIM controllers active down under. What day of the week will it drop again?

4 Likes

When the Sydney Harbour Bridge looks like the bridges in the NYC area, I can live without it.
Bridges are the major culprit in photogrammetry. They just look ugly.

2 Likes

I’m definitely looking forward to it. Starting to look around at what add-ons I should bring to it as well.

Don’t let the party poopers spoil it, they thrive on the negativity.

4 Likes

Aussie bush trips around Tasmania today - I’m ready and hyped for the an update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

or New Zealand?

1 Like

I live in Melbourne and I will get hyped when I see it represented properly in the sim (Photogammetry) along with Moorabbin airport :slight_smile:

1 Like