Why MSFS graphic is so poor compared to other sim?

Wonderful that you don’t mean what you write. Yet this is not the title of your thread. Most people will never read more of your post then it’s title. And that for itself is a really negative statement.

I honestly don’t understand what you’re trying to say. My post is in the Bugs & Issues section of Virtual Reality. If you have any useful comments to answer my question you are welcome, otherwise there are other posts that may be more interesting for you.
Anyway I do confirm what I wrote: in VR (Virtual Reality) other sims have much better resolution than MSFS.
Cheers.

1 Like

I had a topic named (Are players asking too much ?)
Seriously…this one says it all.
Critisising mfs2020 graphics ? This is beyond normal logical thinking

1 Like

Although I disagree with your statement - my VR setup is as clear as my headset can be - I think you could check both your OpenXR and simulator settings concerning the render scale.
This could affect the render quality.

I perfectly understand the OP point of view when you compare with the to 2 other sims he talked about. With the other ones you are fluid, can play at native and even more resolution than your headset (supersample), and at the native frequency (E.g. Aerofly FS2 run on my machine at 200% Supersampling ultra settings 90fps anywhere and any plane). So when you compare this fluidity and crispness to MSFS where you have to lower your native resolution, lower the frequency (sometimes as low as 18Hz), I can understand his point of view. The term “performance” need to be add in the title IMHO.

Boys, I have a big smile on my face. It seem to be living like in some dictatorial regimes where it is strictly forbidden to criticize the government.
I simply asked why MSFS in VR, again: in VR, performs so poorly when compared to other simulators that I use.
I would have expected answers like: the MSFS graphics engine is not yet optimized for VR or (as someone kindly replied) that everything will improve with DX12 or that Rift S is not suitable for FS needs. On the opposite I have been criticized in many ways because I took the liberty of saying that the VR image of MSFS is not as sharp as in other simulators.
It is a fact that in FS, to read the instruments, I need to get close to the panel while with the other sims instruments appear sharp and clear.
It is not a good way to help those who ask for advice. Open your minds and accept complaints in order to improve the quality of this program that you love so much!
BTW (message for some MSFS Talibans) you will also have to blame Asobo beacuse I have read in their “Feedback Snapshot VR” that 3rd top bug in their list is: “VR overexposed and washed out landscape colors”. OMG! They dared to admit a graphics issue…
All said. Thanks to those who actively collaborated to give an answer and goodbye to the great critics. Happy landings.

1 Like

Could you please post screen captures of what you are discussing.
I snapshot of a “good” cockpit render and one of a “bad” MSFS cockpit render would help.

(I understand it’s VR but you can capture the on-screen render).

Also, from what I read - because I only use MSFS - it seems the MSFS global scenery render details & quality is above most other simulators.

Yes, on monitor MSFS picture quality is great, for sure well above any other sim that I know.
Unfortunately the “bad” render is not easy to show since on monitor what I see in VR is shown with a stereoscopic picture and I don’t know any way to take one directly from the VR.
Anyway here they are, the “good” first and the “bad” following (even if in visor it looks even worst):

Regards.

Great. This is exactly what I wanted to see (especially the stereoscopic picture).

Now, would you be king enough to capture the same thing (cockpit) in another simulator that you consider renders better in VR?

Here you go: Aerofly first and DCS second but they are not the same format as MSFS and also keep in mind that the stereoscopic picture is NOT the same that I see in visor. If it were that clear I would be already satisfied…

I have to say there is indeed “some apparent” clarity on the two other simulators.

Are you running MSFS with both render scales (simulator and OpenXR) at 100%?

That’s your option your happy good for you…

Yes. 100% on both. Thank you for your help.