Why only xbox update ? when will PC?

why only xbox update ? when will PC ?
when will fix the stutters of beta performance ?

The likely cause of the update is that it was an isolated issue with just the Xbox consoles that didn’t affect PC.

5 Likes

Since we’re 2 weeks out from tentative release and the final beta goes out the week before release, it’s more likely we aren’t going to see another pc beta build out.
It would be great if asobo could tell us if another pc build is expected or not.

1 Like

Pc has the same issues on short final.

My theory is that they’ve adjusted some of the default graphics settings that Xbox users have no control over but PC users do have access to. As an example the only setting Xbox has under Graphics is HDR10 on or off.

The other possibility is WASM related but my money’s on default graphics settings.

I’d expect a full beta release to all users in a couple of days to make sure that these changes haven’t affected PC users somehow. Hopefully to include additional performance improvements.

1 Like

Yup, agreed. Reading the forums since 4/5, there seemed to be much more stability and performance issues with the .12 build on the Xbox platform than the PC, which the .13 build will hopefully address.

2 Likes

A beta is released to identify problems, and it could be your stutters are one of those problems. I am always a bit surprised that people knowingly install a beta and then complain.

2 Likes

I find it surprised people mix up complains with findings when others run a beta :wink:

6 Likes

Which of your eyes saw me complaining? I am just inquiring about the progress of the PC version beta and emphasizing the progress of resolving significant issues previously emphasized.

3 Likes

I believe SU15 for both PC and Xbox will be available on 30th April 2024.

1 Like

Hopefully the regression bugs will be fixed before release.

My biggest ones are the dark G1000 screens in certain situations and distant airplane lights only showing on one screen in VR.

I guess the one screen issue in VR will be permanent as it only got two votes. But it looks really bad.

Care to share a link?

Some AI Airplanes not showing on right side screen - Sim Update 15 Beta / Virtual Reality - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

You are just complaining. As a Beta tester, you should provide developers with detailed descriptions of the issues you encounter, such as the timing and conditions of the errors, instead of merely ‘when’ ‘why’.

Could you provide some example videos of the stutters you are encountering if at all possible? Do these stutters appear when you are running the simulator in a completely default state with no mods or addons? Have you tried to install the latest graphics drivers with clean installations etc.?

It may also be worth looking at our Zendesk website, to see if any of the information available already helps to eliminate the stutters you are having.

How to improve the performance – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)
How to delete the Rolling Cache and the Manual Cache to fix some performance issues – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

1 Like

voted! it’s really uncomfortable for the eyes