Why removing tail number is basically impossible for custom livery?

Exactly. It really seems to me that they should assign a developer to create a proper Blender interface and import/export toolset. The development community, which is already pretty healthy, would take off with a more properly supported and distributed toolset. Not that I fault the current developer for the situation as it is at the moment. I’m sure he’s doing the best he can. It’s a ton of work. But, Asobo has all the support mechanisms to do such a tool.

And the fact that they don’t really consider bad development practices by authors to be their problem… So many people experiencing CTD’s because of bad development practices due to a lack of documentation or explanation of the most basic rules (like, “Never have a duplicate file path… rename your files from the default ones we offer… like, never, ever use modellib.bgl as a file name”). Why don’t they have debugging tools that catch and report these most simple issues to customers on boot so they can fix it?

1 Like

Yup. The lack of care in ensuring developers for the platform, y’know, know what they’re doing is not great. Personally I ensure my liveries are configured properly; correctly set names in the aircraft.cfg fields, correct fallbacks, set manifest.json, no unneccessary model folder, uniform thumbnails using the generator, etc. A good chunk of livery developers don’t even know that a uniform thumbnail generator exists in the devtools and I don’t blame them; it is a random goose chase just to find the button for it. “Add project, add package, set the package to livery, title all the fields, make sure inspector window is open, scroll down, make sure you’re in hangar” etc.
50% of developing for this sim is trying to configure everything properly.

1 Like

Why does a number bothers you?

This is the solution - glad someone got it.

The other way is to edit the .gltf of the model and delete (or reduce the size of it to 0) the registration ‘part’ in it - but that’s a much more involved way to do it.

Yeah you can do this in the .gltf file, lots of trial and error moving the position of it.
If you have Blender and can import the model, you can move it to where you want to and you may be able to just copy and paste the new coordinates into the existing .gltf

BUT again, it will modify that location for ALL liveries using that model. If you want different registration locations to be available at the same time, you’ll need separate models (basically making them separate aircraft).

By far the best way to do it for registrations that are painted on, is by reducing the registration size to 0 for that livery in the panel.cfg, as mentioned above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.