Will there be a beta test for the "top gun" dlc

TBH with you i would rather pay 60 dollars and then the addon would be epic then to have it free and not be that good. I just love top gun alot and i dont want them to not meet expectations

Brace for impact.

2 Likes

Well, it’s basically merchandise content you’ll get so it won’t be sold and paramount pictures tells what exactly can be included and what not.

Also due to the rating of MSFS (“everyone” in the US) you won’t see any official combat related stuff in any official DLC/market place item.

So even if the DLC was paid systems especially created for combat won’t be included unfortunately.

A DLC with everything would have to be rated separately and there would be the need to validate if the player meets the age to obtain this DLC - with this background it would be a better idea to create the reincarnation of the CFS

Are you a psychic or something :wink:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry, it’ll be great. Indiafoxtecho did two amazing looking but sadly non functional aircraft carriers and charged very little for them. Microsoft and Asobo will be able to do something incredible and swallow the costs purely because its a great bit of marketing and people can have fun with it.

Pab
That would be a good bet in Las Vegas. $10000 on Red the plane will NOT meet your expectations.

1 Like

I am SO keeping this! LoL!

1 Like

I dunno, the F/A-18 is ok, and I assume it will get some nice adds to its functionality. But its never going to be like a 3rd party.

But the planes aren’t my real concern. My concern is that when I think of what the basis of ‘Top Gun’ school is. It’s air combat and maneuvering school. It is not carrier landing school.

And I think having good difficult carrier landings (read that as - similar to DCS carrier landings (but understanding that no matter what it will be a bit simplified) would be a really fun thing to add to MSFS, and I think a lot of people will enjoy that and a lot of people who have never tried such a thing might be impressed. DCS Carrier ops in VR is some of the most fun you can have in a flight sim, if MSFS can get 70% of that, that’d be good.

BUT BUT BUT
 What I want to see is some air combat simulation, like real world Red Flag exercises. But based on what Reno is, I don’t think they have the underpinnings for that kind of add on.

I mean maybe they do
 Maybe they make a complete fool of me and knock this out of the park. But thats what I want a ‘top gun’ add on to really focus on.

I fully expect to be sorely disappointed, so maybe at least we get one more fun jet, and a good carrier thing.

I totally agree with you buddy, i do hope there could some sort of air combat but with no ability to fire or release weapons, i dont think this will change the game rating to either.

For a RedFlag thing, you don’t need to actually deploy a weapon, thats not what they do, its all real flying and simulated weapons
 So MSFS ‘COULD’ do that and stay with the blood free / no violence theme.

Nobody really gets shot down in Red Flag. They just get told they are out of the fight.

The Top Gun DLC is free and is a promotion for the movie. MSFS will not ever be the combat sim you thirst for. That is a good thing.

Discussion of combat. Thrice. Once by the Topic Author. After an In-Line notice not to discuss or raise this.

Thread closed.

1 Like