Will Xbox series x version get better

What are you stating?

■■■… read it… without VVR Flightsim is running caped by 30fps, with VRR is uncaped or capped by 120 fps… so hard t o understand or what ? This was not a question by my side.

I did read it.
You said you were, “wondering”.

Anyways, no biggie. Maybe ‘en’ isn’t your native language.

VRR televisions show double the refresh rate for Flight Simulator. So if you use a VRR TV the framerate is definitely uncapped, but you’re not getting 120 fps. The simulator can go up to 60 fps but it’s very rare. So if you see 40-120 Hz on your TV that means the game is running at 20-60 fps in reality.

The Series X is not powerful enough for this game. It may be a strong console in its own right but Flight Simulator is just too demanding, so framerate drops are common, especially at airports and close to the ground. Sometimes down to single digits, lockups and crashes. We will have to wait for the next Xbox to get adequate performance out of this.

As for it getting better, sure it will be. The developers will continue to optimize, although there’s only so much they can do with this hardware. Content-wise it is going to get better and better as well.

2 Likes

Considering that they nerfed the graphics hard so that the game can run on consoles, no it won’t :)))

I have not had my Xbox drop below 70fps based on my tv usually around 80-110 and as high as 120. That is with heavy buildings and clouds and lights. Over NY or at Manchester airport.

So I guess an average of 35-55fps with everything full is decent on Xbox.

So you are saying that VRR in order to smooth things out runs faster to compensate. Which is what we see on the tv meter.
Interesting… I guess I will do some reading today. Any sites for good info you would recommend?

It’s near everywhere, all over the web.

VRR is ‘smiilar’ to ‘Gsync’ in a way.
With Gsync though, any frame drops in games and your monitor will match that framerate upto it’s own maximum Hz.

Even if you had a 360Hz monitor, the monitor will only display what the graphics card is putting out.
eg. If the GPU is putting out: 47/63/89/112fps, then the monitor will refresh @47/63/89/112Hz.
This can make games with a Gsync monitor feel very smooth, whatever the amount of frames(to a degree).

No smoke and mirrors, WYSIWYG.

1 Like

Yes, I get that part. But I am more curious to the Xbox and how it relates directly or optimally. I need to connect the dots, as it were. Ha ha

A lot of reading is sifting through information, especially conflicting information, then trying to see how it relates to my specific setup. This is my first 4K tv and I find I am always looking to make what I see better, ha ha. I do find that movies look almost too fake now as we have too much detail. I can see the bad paint jobs on sets, ha ha.

Digital Foundry did a review re. VRR.

Here: utube

1 Like

yes! i am wondering - because for GOD SAKE without VRR the framerate is caped.

How do you turn off VRR in the Xbox??

It’s under settings and video mode

I noticed the level of smoothness yesterday’s big update has brought while flying in my Typhoon. This game on OLED TV and in Dolby Vision along with the enhanced airport textures package look ridiculously beautiful. Unfortunately, yesterday update also crippled the online functionality. I am disappointed

1 Like

Ok so I get it. VRR allows the screen refresh rate to happen quicker which gives more chance for details to show and offering a smother screen with less tearing in the picture. Even though the game FPS stays the same we see more detail because the data shows quicker between draw cycles.

So now to go and see if I can notice that difference.

So I turned VRR off and it does actually perform smoother on XBX.

1 Like

Lg Oled C9 here. I have tried many times to change between VRR and only 4K 120hz. I don´t have a Fps-counter on my tv and I think it stutters just as much/little with or without VRR. Even tried 60hz 4k, and 1440p 60/120hz. Hard to tell the difference. But i notice some things:
If you just spin the camera fast around the plane you can see that the top of trees (if you have any nearby the runway) are sort of “vibrating” without VRR, and is smoother with VRR.
On the other hand… with VRR I get some flashing in the sky at night (use the drone camera and just spin it around).

Found that VRR, 60 hz and Dolby Vision seems to work best. No, flashing in the sky at night.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.