Windows 10 22H2 update

My PC is asking me to install the 22H2 update for Windows 10. I read that in Windows 11 the latest updates cause WMR to malfunction. I would like to know if anyone has already installed the 22H2 update for Windows 10 and if they have encountered problems using VR (Reverb G2). Thank you.

WMR won’t be supported in Windows 11 24H2 (expected this fall)!

Found in this section: Microsoft is discontinuing Windows Mixed Reality WMR - #383 by saschpe

You either misread it or the article was full of rubbish. 22H2 update does not do anything to WMR. I installed it a few weeks ago and still use my Reverb G2.

1 Like

I used Windows 10 22H2 for VR (including WMR) for well over a year and it worked great. It’s IMO one of the best versions for VR gaming.

Thank you all.

1 Like

It’s the 24H2 update will deprecate WMR. Keep in mind that ‘deprecate’ and ‘remove’ are two different things. One thing for sure…Windows 12 will not support VR headsets (like the G2) that requires WMR.

From Microsoft:

Windows Mixed Reality is deprecated and will be removed in Windows 11, version 24H2. This deprecation includes the Mixed Reality Portal app, Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR, and Steam VR Beta. Existing Windows Mixed Reality devices will continue to work with Steam through November 2026, if users remain on their current released version of Windows 11, version 23H2. After November 2026, Windows Mixed Reality will no longer receive security updates, nonsecurity updates, bug fixes, technical support, or online technical content updates.

There are ways to remain ‘InControl’ :wink: of Windows Updates.

The OP is still on Windows 10.

If it works today, there’s no reason to suppose it won’t work in the future. MS just won’t support it any more.

Windows 10 Home and Pro will reach end of support on October 14, 2025. The current version, 22H2, will be the final version of Windows 10.

Of course anyone still using it can choose to run their system after that date without new security and feature updates.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help. I actually updated Windows 10 to 22H2 version and WMR is still correctly working.

2 Likes