Windows 10 Update 1909 to 2004?

I assume it is not so easy… possible there is a connection issue, or a load issue, or a special word, or whats ever cause then a crash at client side. ( I hate me self, that I not noticed the airport where it in my case just allways happened … was one of the littles, not sure about… can be SPGL … but realy not sure )

As @hobanagerik say’d… some people have no issue with Azure. These are the bugs which are realy hard to find.

The only diff I noticed Azure vs Windows-Offline are another “speakers” , so I have currently absolut no issue with that. Of course you have to install these windows eng lang pack…

Thus… please let us know whether this was also the issue in your case :slight_smile:

Do not think it is a Connection issue at my end …

I have a 1GB connection here – he says, sounding like someone “A-Hole” boasting about their $1500 video card.

BTW. Re-Downloading the whole of MSFS is a trivial task @ 1GB, and has never had any issues.

FYI: My 1st Modem was a 75/300 baud device , so I have “paid my dues”

a connection have two end points :rofl:

Also think about what Azure to… text-to-speak… thus it needs time… possible a thread waits to short and crash… but all of this is a guess… don’t think about it too much, just try the setting and enjoy the sim :slight_smile:

I’ll throw this one into the mix as well.

Running an I5 ( Mid range Gaming laptop)

When MSFS in running, CPU 7 tends to hit 100% most of the time, others CPUs are about 80%.
So I turned off CPU 7 for MSFS, - obvious went very low, but none of the other CPU rosresignificantly, and none were ever hitting 100%.

But Frame rate seems to go UP significantly - from the 20’s to the high 30’s

GO Figure …

Well, maybe, but every exception I get seems to be a c0000005 … memory access , and they are all associated with a suspicious looking pointers into memory - which is a very common programming error - I’ll say no more :slight_smile:

there is lot of performance threads ( e.g. )… if you realy realy want enjoy this threads, instead to enjoy to flight :laughing:

True … I’ll shut up … I can’t help it if I’m a FS Geek…
I’d be more than happy to just “fly” in MSFS, but it keeps CRASHING … :slight_smile:

sounds not good… then only thing is to check #self-service:bugs-issues and If you nothing find which is near your issue, then you just can create a zendesk ticket ( and no, nobody expect the 8gig dump :slight_smile: )

“Nobody expects the French Inquisition” as well !! (Apologies to Monty Python & Asobo)

Locally, on my PC, the 8G dump does analyze to give a little more info than the mini-dump, but without any other debugging support files, it’s wasted locally.

To be honest, I just sent ZenDesk that 8Gb dump as a “Pay Back”

The last sensible Bug I sent them, was about MSFD crashing when I plugged in a given Joystick, and the response I got was some lame Canned instructions, on how to set up my Joystick in MSFS !!

Duhhh. If MSFS did not crash on the Joystick setup page, I am more than capable of setting it up… but the software has to run to do that.

After that, I a not wasting my time sending in bug reports to ZenDesk.

the " Tech Alphas Insiders" did that, and what did that get them ???

NO, MSFS ran 100% Reliably before I made the BIG MISTAKE of upping the OS from 1909 to 2004.

EVENTUALLY, it will have to run on 2004 for everyone … so it is just a matter of time before it does. I can wait

I know what you mean :roll_eyes: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :joy:

I have, for such situations: DCS… Xplane11 and Prepare3D on my Disc :laughing:

DCS: if I want maximum airplane-sim realismus ( flying the Huey or the A10C is just the best what exist )
Xplane11: bit relaxing
Prepare3D: thinking allways about here license politic , close it , and go future on with old Walking-Dead-Game :rofl:

OK. No AZURE. No Flight Plan - No AP – NO ATC - No AI Pilot.

Lets see if can make it crash all my myself !!!
(and resist the temptation to edit Videos in the Background !!)

1 Like

Still CTD eventually …

With no definitive statement from Asobo and detailed commitment to make it a priority to sort out the W10 2004 compatibility issues, I have had enough – this is something I can fix myself in a few hours (Literally IN MY SLEEP)

Reverted back to 1909, and let MSFS re-install overnight.

This morning I woke up to a non CTD install of MSFS, even with AZURE selected.

BIG Adrenaline rush !! watching W10 working to revert back to 1909, and praying it will boot again !!

Almost as good as landing in a strong gusty crosswind !!!

2 Likes

Wow… thus there is realy a 2004 issue ? Good to know…

+1

Yes, I am pretty sure that there is …

Being Blunt: (and trying not to get too Technical)

Sloppy programming practices that you might have got away with in 1909, many have been tightened up in 2004, for many reason, security exploits being one of them.

So code written that worked fine in 1909, could have significant issues in a “Tightened up” 2004

Updates to “improve and add to” .net was notorious for this :wink:

I have 2004 and have no issues. ATC on, Azure voice, VFR map, AI traffic etc. All fine for me. So if there is a 2004 issue it is machine or install specific and not general.

2 Likes

Agreed … quite possible (looking at Nvidia !!)

yes, … as say’d… I have 2004 too, no issues ( except Azure ) and expected therefore no issues with 2004… but @N6722C show us possible a scenario where it happens. Of course it can be because of driver issues ( also already mentioned ) or something else… Possible Hard to find for the develepment team…
Maybe a collection of exact list of Hardware and Drivers-Versions is helpfull for devs / us…

Agree this will be very hard to pin down

I have 456.71 running… ( Game Ready, not Studio )

OMG YES … I’ve been saying this ever since Release.

You Testers should have had this pre-release !!!

A MSFS “Manifest” APP

It knows all components, libraries etc, versions, checksums, etc that MSFS should have to run.

It then does through what the user has, and shows what is Up to date and as recommended by ASOBO for a particular MSFS release, and what is out-of-date and needs updating.

That would go such a long way to getting everyone on the same page, as well as provide a report of a users PC, when submitting a Bug report.