Windows position not remembered - Window size not saving

I always have my ATC and weather windows set in the top right of the screen. Here they don’t block the main view when I use them. Prior to the latest patch, if you relocated any of these windows, MSFS would remember the new location. But now the Windows always reset to the middle of the screen and only remembered for the current flight. Their position is reset even if you just restart the current flight. Same thing happens with no mods installed and community folder totally empty. The only vague reference in the patch notes is “Fixed cockpit interactions that were either getting mixed up or not working on 3rd party airplanes”. Zendesk report logged.

MODERATOR EDIT: This applies to VFR Map, as well.

I’m having the same problem.

A lot are reporting this happening.
Thanks for doing a zendesk! I just got 2 others to do the same. :slight_smile:

What’s the point in flooding the bugtracker with duplicate reports? I mean, I imagine a guy at Asobo’s seeing the report, trying to reproduce it on his own machine, sees that it’s really a bug with the software, determines the seriousness, adds it to the backlog. More and more reports of the same bug would just slow down the bug tracking, wouldn’t they?
On the other hand if they would determine the seriousness of a bug solely by the number of reports and would therefore prioritize fixing what’s obviously a minor issue, it would clog up ressources for fixing more objectively serious issues.

Or am I wrong?

How it works is that it goes into a database. That database is based on the amount of reports.

For example, we have a program with 1 million people. If only 10% report the same problem, it’s not priority to us. Eventually we’ll get to it, but the higher percent that report, it moves up to triage.

this is super anoying, especially when starting my plane on final

Oddly, it remembers your popup position if you move it to the left edge of the screen but not if you move it to the right edge.

1 Like

Also happens when you go into graphics options midflight. Extremely annoying.

That sounds vaguely similar to the capabilities of the AI Co-pilot :smiley:

1 Like

Really is extremely annoying, like so many things in this game/sim or whatever you call it :unamused:

Something else to add to the list I guess.

Does anyone else have such a problem that the VFR map does not save the position on the screen? After completing the flight, when creating a new one, does it move to the center of the screen again?

Mine just started that a few days ago. It wont even save the position if you close it and then reopen it. It opens in the middle of the screen. More wonders from the company that brought us Vista.

I hope this is a bug and not by design.

Who in their right mind would position windows by default in a location where they block the pilots view??

Crazy.

I think this ended w/ the last patch because from Day 1 when I use the VFR Map I resized and moved it to the upper left corner of the display and it retained this position always. Now it opens up at about 1/4 of the way from the left side of the display and I need to move it each time. User control of things like this are a good idea I feel.

Thanks

I’ve had some flakey problems with the window positions getting saved correctly but I think I figured out a workaround:

• If you simply reposition a window and then close it and open it back up, the new window position is NOT saved.

• If you reposition a window AND resize it (even a tiny bit), then close and re-open the window, the new window position IS save.

At least this seems to have worked for me. The trick is to change the window size a bit to force the save. Hope it works for you as well.

Excellent thanks for that. It may well be that this is exactly how it’s always been and I failed to recognize it was my resizing that created the saved position initially, and the patch reset this routine. I’ll try it next time up.

1 Like

Same problem here, since last patch. ATC window is in saved place in lower left corner, but not VFR map had it saved in lower right but now on new flight pops up in lower middle. Camera menu had set to top right but didn’t use it often, but now it pops up in top middle makes it ‘pain’ to move since have to drag it out from under pop-up toolbar.

Well, no joy with resizing and repositioning, closing/reopening MSFS and having the VFR map retain its position.

1 Like

Hello MSFS Community,
Just verifying if I’m not the only one :wink:
If I put my MSFS window (windowed mode) correctly centered on my Windows desktop, then go to Full Screen (ALT+ENTER) and finally get back to windowed mode (ALT+ENTER), my MSFS window is not back at the previous position and size, but worst it doesn’t fit in my desktop. Every time I have to move+resize it to fit entirely in my desktop.

Am I the only one? Is it because I have a ultrawide 3440x1440 native screen resolution?

1 Like

Single monitor: Before going to full screen you need to maximize the window.
With multiple monitors e.g. 3440x1440 and 1920x1080, both monitor should have 1080 as vertical resolution.

Could have something to do with continued “Tweaking” :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: An .exe remembers its position unless the .exe changed ?