Windows Update Error Tips, October 2020

If you get an error " Failed to install on { ‎date }- 0x800f0922 ,
Especially on this one October 13, 2020— KB4578968 (.NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8)
I found the only way to install this one on my system, was to disable " Secure Boot ".

Search for your particular mobo and how to check/change that.

Careful with October 13, 2020—KB4579311 (OS Build 19041.572)
Won’t install and removes itself after reboot for me. A lot of complaints starting to roll in.
Blank screens, BSOD’s, sound and vid issues…

And 20H2 is starting to roll out for everyone today.

2020… had enough yet :upside_down_face:

Hmmm, 2020 has been a year from, well you know where. Hope latest update W10 don’t hose system. MS already cancelled license on office professional 2013, bought and paid for from Amazon several years ago, sealed package, all. Several months ago, they just invalidated license, go figure. Maybe government needs to break them up, as $$$$$$$ rule the day instead of customer service lately. For office issues, wrote letter - snail mail to CEO - 3 attempts, never got reply, hate apple and Linux is too complicated, hmmm, maybe time for pen and paper method again, forget PC’s.
I blocked all updates for 7 days, as issues with the two patches mentioned above.

This .net update is fine to use and security related.
If your not using secure boot, there should be no problems updating this one.My z170a is 5yrs old and uefi is dated, but works fine. It may be fine with current uefi with secureboot on, not sure, just something to note in case it won’t install.

I paused them also…insider 20h2 avail also, but it went live so may as well wait.

update: 20h2 is now avail with download assistant also and skip the potential problem KB4579311
and don’t want to wait or join insider.

I’m on 20H2, no problems here

1 Like