Windows Updates 26 April 2022

Before installing SU9, don’t forget to check for Windows Updates.

I had two this morning, one of which was an update to .Net Framework for Win 11 (KB5012159)

There is also a Cumulative Update for Win 11 (KB5012643) available.

Cheers!

9 Likes

Yeah same here on both 10 and 11 lol release an update on patch tuesday woohoo?
Oh and I just saw a post about a new nvidia driver being released as well ;-0

4 Likes

yes apparently this update would fix the windows error 0xc0000005 which could be responsible for the CTDs. Hope…

1 Like

My money is on the new Nvidia driver causing issues in SU9… We’ll see… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder,

There also seems to be an additional update (KB5011831) which would fix some crash issues. This update is optional. Normally I just install the offered updates but since there are numerous reports of members who suffer from program crashes this might solve some problems.

Source link: Bleeping Computer (right click and select open in new tab)

1 Like

I’ll have to look through the release notes for both. Do you know which update is supposed to fix this? My understanding was the the sim is the cause, not the OS. I don’t have a single piece of software, neither game nor productivity, that generates those errors.

Oh great, updates to Windows, graphics drivers, and sim, all at the same time. If you have any problems, good luck figuring out which one of those updates caused it.

I will not be installing anything other than the sim update today… (actually I’m already on 1.25.7 since beta and don’t have any crashes)

1 Like

Need to uninstall the beta and reinstall the public release. It will happen automatically on 3 May, or you can do it yourself today through the Insider Hub. Mine is ~111.XX GB…

Don’t forget to run the Update in the MS Store first (if you’re installation is MS Store.) I got a 1.01 GB download from the store this morning.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I am on Steam and the transition from beta to final is extremely easy and painless. No uninstall or reinstall required. Cheers.

2 Likes

Yup click - click and done…

1 Like

So far it is giving me trouble but it could be the community folder. I’ll check and see how it turns out. I had an error related to Flightbeam Auckland VDGS. Had a memory error. Loaded in with the FlybyWire at KSAN had a CTD then loaded the MSFS store bought CRJ into a stock field and that promptly CTD.

The game actually loads in just fine so maybe next step clean up the comm folder before a full reinstall. Any tips keep ‘em coming.

Edit: cleaned out community folder, much quicker loading etc, loaded in and CTD. I’m reinstalling must have somehow screwed up the update.

I have amazing perrformance currently in SU9 with latest Nvidia drivers and Windows 11.

55 fps on 4k ULTRA HDR:
i9-12900k
DDR5 - 32gb
3080 Ti

6 Likes

A feedback after 2h would be nice to see if performance degradation still happens

1 Like

And let’s not forget to remind ppl to go into the Microsoft store and run the update checker in there first BEFORE running MSFS 2020 :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like my issues were yet again user error. But we shall see!

1 Like

I just did a 2.5hr flight in FBW experimental – FPS remained the same. All good.

I may try a long haul tonight.

1 Like

Has anyone else had problems with the Super Hornet nose gear not turning left or right. It’s completely usless

It happend to me unfortunately, two times already, both times after the 3 hour mark.