Winds Aloft Sunday Afternoon always 24 hours old

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Winds aloft on a Sunday afternoon and evening always 24 hours old (UTC)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Sunday afternoon and evening UTC

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Upper level winds/winds aloft are 24 hours old every Sunday afternoon UTC and does not match upper level wind chart as depicted in the SIM.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello @ToneyCrawdad864,
It would be very helpful to provide the METAR data as it contains the location and date/time stamp. It is very hard to look into this without more details.

A previous report on this have been closed as the developers could not reproduce.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-weather-data-issue-weather-is-48-hours-old/510006

I won’t argue but winds aloft is hard to show using a METAR. I think what the OP should do is to maybe post picture with Meteoblue wind aloft data at the location the winds not matching. And a thing to add is that predicted winds can varies a bit depending on the source we are looking at. If we compare the winds in the sim with simbrief winds aloft data it doesn’t always match 100%. But thats exactly how it is in the real world as well. Forecasted data is not always 100% accurate to how it is in the real world.

I bet the issue is neither simbrief or Meteoblue. The issue is that we checking wrong source.

I know that the winds aloft suddenly changes/updates between 23:00Z-23:20Z and 17:00Z-17:20Z. That is an issue or a thing Asobo should focus on fixing/improve. Between those times the winds aloft has wrong data for sure. That is easy to reproduce. Only wanted to add that :slight_smile:

Thank you. :+1:t3:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile:

I think it happens at 06:00Z and 12:00Z as well. can’t confirm that thought.