Windsock models (all lods incl.) dont have their invisible box linked (parented)!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

The Windsocks still not show at further distance due to the invisible box not being linked to the model(s) (all LODS)

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to an airfield with a Windsock and check the distance they disappear.

Then in 3D program, link/parent the invisible box models to the Windsock (SOL) model and you have a futher distance they disappear, as it was supposed to have…

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

/NA

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Would I be correct in guessing that the only thing they did was to increase the animation distance in the cfg file which I had already done myself prior to the world update?

In ..\asobo-simobjects-landmarks\SimObjects\Landmarks\Windsock\sim.cfg, what value do you see for DistanceToNotAnimate? (it used to be 2000)

Nothing changed with the distance in the .cfg I think and it’s still 2000.

They added a large Invisible box that should have extended the range. But they forgot to link them to the Windsock model itself (named SOL)

1 Like

could this be fixed with a mod that overrides the models?

Yes, I did that when the topic was made. Not sure if this is already fixed by Asobo in a sim update after the topic date.

care to share? i don’t think it’s been fixed

I would, but i’ve deleted a lot of files when cleaning my FS working folder. Sorry!