Fix Cloud Density and any Resulting Effects (wing fade)

This is the wonderful thing about flight simming; its that all of us want more realism. Clouds in a brand new flight sim from Microsoft should be obscuring everything but they do not. So the clouds only (once again since FS4) look nice. They still don’t act like clouds. If they acted like clouds we all would be happy, right? Well is it not about time? We (flight simmers) should all be angry!

The difference between simmers is how long we have been waiting and also how many times we have directly seen regression/compromises. So few seem to (be able) see what is obvious.

I’m angry and I know full well that my anger is totally justified. All these partners and very little to show for it because the focus is only on how things “look”. How things “act” is MUCH more important first, THEN the looks can be implemented.

Captain Tarmack said it best long ago: BASSACKWARDS

Political correctness is what the problem is, and this problem will continue. Perhaps if the next patches continue to cause enough problems more people will get angry. PC will get wiped out eventually and we can finally get a flight sim instead of a photography game. Until then my 30+ years of care for this whole situation is reduced.

2 Likes

It was pretty clear to me!

2 Likes

If MSFS is an EYE CANDY game, this may be important to fix. (make look pretty)

If MSFS is a Flight Simulator, there are so many other parts of the sim that need fixing, that this should be right down at the bottom of list, next to the simulation of the cabin crew, bringing coffee to the flight crew, and that coffee getting split over the cockpit instruments, causing failures … etc etc …

4 Likes

Well it’s not either or… msfs is both a simulator eye candy that is as real as it can get. And for it to be as real this immersion is very needed.

2 Likes

Well, maybe that is the problem … in trying to be all things to all people, it is struggling to be all it can be for either.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

John Lydgate and later adapted by President Lincoln

1 Like

i hope they will consider this topic, it is really important for more realism.

8 Likes

I also would love to see this feature, this is a big immersion improvement and AFAIK not implemented in any other flight sim.

4 Likes

Probably yes but I doubt it will be high on the list. Would be nice though!
Asobo should stick to the world and atmosphere building and let the 3PD do the planes. I think they will go that direction (recruiting WT is a strong hint).

2 Likes

Hello,

I was wondering if there was anyway we could possibly get visibility reduction when in fixed views (cabin fixed views specifically) going through clouds. Going through clouds just reminds me of the fsx/p3d days in the cabin views or wing views until hifisimtech found a way to reduce the visibility.

1 Like

Not long before it will be a year later since this was originally posted and not even 150 votes.

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I agree, I didn’t even need to watch the clip to understand what you meant. Definitely need this implemented into the sim.

4 Likes

That’s not true. It works in xEnviro for XP11, although doesn’t look that convincing.

1 Like

To clarify: it’s not implemented in any base sim.

3 Likes

Some 10 years ago there was a Sim that had this desired effect. Forget the name at the moment. In all the others (then and since) planes in cloud are like the famous ‘tail pinned on the donkey’. Highly none-immersive.

2 Likes

Staring at the wing-tips during IFR flight is generally only good for getting behind the aircraft in a big way.

However the same lack of visibility would also exist in front of the windscreen and thus would ideally exist in order to properly simulate low-visibility operations.

I can also see this being very graphically intensive.

4 Likes

I love the weather in MSFS, but I do think it would be even more immersive if flying through a heavy cloud reduces the visibility either when viewing the plane from exterior or inside the cabin.

For example:

7 Likes

Is this Not the way it looks Right now when flying through Clouds?

2 Likes

No, clouds have no effect like this. It’s as if the plane has a force field around it that keeps water vapour out.

6 Likes

Exactly. That’s why I’m asking if there could be some enhancement that reduces the visibility around the object when flying through clouds/fog.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever tried flying into a cloud, then taking the drone camera so I can slowly move away to see how far away you have to be for visibility of the plane is affected.

1 Like