Wing42 Boeing 247D = Easy Entry Aircraft

If you are intrigued by the Wing42 Boeing 247D, but after reading the release thread you feel like you need a degree in aeronautical engineering to fly it, you don’t…lol

The 247D is easy to fly for a beginner but will be more difficult to master with full realism turned on. It is a wonderful addon with an accessible price and easy to get into the air with the 3 realism settings on its clipboard turned off. You can use CNTL-E to start it, and you can simulate turning it over to the co-pilot by turning on the MSFS AI pilot to help you navigate or to jump out to external view to enjoy its exterior modeling set against the backdrop of the beautiful MSFS scenery. And it has lots of fun objects to surround the plane when on the ground! It is easily one of the best aircraft addons for MSFS 2020, whether you are a beginner or expert simmer.

If you can fly a Cessna 172, you can fly the Wing42 Boeing 247D. So don’t be shy, just jump in and start flying the historical routes it flew! :sunglasses:

In route from Newark to Cleveland…

12 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree. And for folks like me, it is easier to learn while flying. There are definitely a lot of quirks as you ramp the difficulty but you can practice and anticipate them in easier modes.

A truly remarkable and accessible plane.

2 Likes

Easy to fly with a catch though. Because this baby needs patient constant care to trim to hands-off level cruise. And once you do it, it’s the most satisfying feeling ever :slight_smile:

4 Likes

New air routes were crossing the United States, allowing … Historical Perspective BOEING FRONTIERS … Wien Air Alaska, and in Europe to the. https://www.boeing.com/news/frontiers/archive/2008/april/i_history.pdf

1 Like

And until you get the hang of it, you can let the MSFS 2020 AI pilot trim it for you, then turn the AI pilot off and take over from there. This only works with the three realism settings on the clipboard turned off, as the AI pilot does not obey the specific rules of engine management for the 247D, but it can get you in the air and flying quickly when you are first starting out :grinning:

Thank you for starting this topic. I didn’t think about the effect all our discussion may have on a newbie who might be too intimidated to try it.

It is a blast on any difficulty level!

3 Likes

Yeah, I got to thinking about it after reading that Wing42 has priced the Boeing 247D at $20 USD to hopefully reach the masses with an aircraft that should run in the $50 to $60 USD range. And while expert simmers are soaking up the realism, it is also a great beginner aircraft with the options Wing42 has provided to scale realism based on a simmer’s ability and interest in aircraft systems.

So hopefully beginners will realize the 247D is also a really fun aircraft for them! :grinning:

8 Likes

I really enjoy flying this old ancient bird. It is a bit more complicated than some of the other planes, but hey, it’s got real character!
It may be my new favorite plane. :+1:

1 Like