ALBATROSS is a Microsoft Flight Simulator competitions app, focused on gliders at the moment, but also air race support planned to be implemented in the near future.
Application provides functionality:
- download, install and delete tasks
- display task information (currently website link)
- set current pilot name for leaderboard appearance (will be replaced with registration in future)
- set start/finish gates and turning points parameters (locked if event manager set these values in task manually); height in feet, MSL (i.e. barometric, match barometer value), width in meters
- start task in training or competition mode (last one available only after start gates are open at configured by event manager date and time); after competition ends – you can choose the task as a training
- fully integrated Kinetic Assistant
- automatic timings capture for start/finish crossing and turn points rounding
- results and flight track transfer to the server for public review after finish
- save program log and flight track in CACHE folder for personal analysis
- Esc key can be used to freeze the timer
- Detected inappropriate actions, like slew mode, working engine, active tow/winch, will reset the race
Program in early development stage, but you can help with testing.
Detailed instructions and download link can be found on Touching Cloud official website ALBATROSS MSFS competitions - Touching Cloud