Wishlist for features of built-in replay functionality

Can the replay system be made more user friendly? So that it is always recording the last 120 seconds and that it records all views automatically.

I think the current version is convoluted and you have to start it before you want a replay which makes no sense.

I want the replay to be switchable to outside view from cockpit easily.

Like FSX and XP11/12.

7 Likes

Why only 120sec? Condor glider sim simply records the whole flight (with weather!) by default and at the end of flight asks user if he wants to save it to disk or not. I want just that.

3 Likes

Since the replay function was added to the experimental options tab with SU10, I tried a quick test with it a few days ago using the F/A-18E, and it seems like it could use saving some additional flight parameters. In my specific observations, it appeared to not remember the attitude information being sent to the HUD and the attitude indicator DDI format page (I think goes to the default DDI pages when you start the replay), so the pitch ladder did not stay oriented correctly with the horizon, even though that information is obviously recorded somewhere to show the aircraft flying correctly. Oddly, I’m pretty sure the velocity vector in the HUD appeared to behave correctly in the replay.

Replay for Xbox please. That’s my wish

3 Likes

are there any news for rolling out a fully functional replay mode?
i mean, that is pretty basic for a flight simulator and who doesn’t want to review their landings from different angles?

3 Likes

I would be happy with instant replay like we had before this sim. No need to remember to press record.

2 Likes

Did anything come out of the feedback we provided? Any news that can be shared?

MODERATOR EDIT:
Please do not ping team members.

It would be great to have it controllable via SimConnect to automate the creation of immersive videos with it (they demand at least 6 recordings with varying HMD angles). Simply having play/stop, camera change events and time control would be enough to automate the process. By now, I have to resort to Flight Recorder or Sky Dolly.

The replay tool that was cobbled together and thrown at us is woeful. I constantly question how such an important tool for LEARNING is largely ignored or marginalized by the developers, but concluded that they are focusing on priority items for the past 3 years post launch.

FSX had such a robust and useful replay system, they don’t even have far to look for the basics. X-plane’s replay system is vastly superior, but that’s another day.

Yes, I wish Asobo would spend some dev time on the replay tool.

3 Likes

Tower View was mentioned in the Alpha and is one of the most requested features in 2.5 years, I can’t understand why its so difficult. It seems like low hanging fruit to me. :thinking:

3 Likes

I have posted on the”why can’t we have our old flyby view back” in wish list.
I do find it extremely frustrating that something that more than just a few of us feel is an important part of our simming enjoyment has not been addressed. We have little or no feedback from the developers which adds to our frustration. Maybe the question should be if this is such a problem to provide then all we ask is tell us. There are so many absolutely fantastic things that the sim does do and I’m sure that many more will come as it develops.
Being pushy and frustrated/exasperated is more down to lack of official news and I think a great amount of the I want this and that would diminish if only we had the information.

2 Likes

The silence is deafening on this one and suprised that 1200+ votes from the other topic werent transferred to this wish list item. Its odd that its being ignored so much…

2 Likes

Maybe we’re not shouting loud enough. We need to keep these posts building up in numbers there are more than just a few of us asking for news on this issue and we are just the ones prepared to post. How many others who don’t post on this forum feel the same.
Come on folks keep asking. We may at the very least get some sort of reply from them surely we deserve that. Don’t we? After all it’s all of us people who buy this sim that in the end make it worthwhile for the developers isn’t it?

2 Likes

In the dev livestreams Asobo have near enough said it uses too much memory to record the flights and this makes it hard. I’m a bit concerned that they’re thinking along the lines of recording actual video frames which really isn’t what I’d want anyway. They need to record the flight state because most of us want to go back and view it from different angles.

With high throughput SSD these days this shouldn’t need to be stored in ram, it should be possible to put this on mass storage so all that matters is the throughput required, not the total space. By all accounts most of the sim is bound up on one thread so if they had the recording running on another thread there’s probably plenty of spare write bandwidth.

3 Likes

Yeah, it´s so sad where being ghosted on this.

I loved to put the camera on the runway threshold and watch my landings from there again and again, like the typical movie shot of airliner landings. It was so much fun.

4 Likes

Some posts removed. A reminder that this wishlist is to supply what you want in features for the replay system. All other posts will be removed. Thank you.

The ability to record and playback your landing from an external camera whilst flying the aircraft from the pilots seat as you can with “extreem landings”. It’s difficult to know what went wrong when you do a bad landing which I do frequently, without knowing if I flared too early, too late, too fast, too slow, had a tail strike etc, etc.

3 Likes

Agreed Will14. In the days of 2004 and fsx if installed a new aircraft I would spend hours doing circuits and replaying my takeoff’s and
landing’s to make sure I was doing a good job and where I was going wrong. So yep that’s got my vote as a must have.

1 Like

Replay functionality where all the camera modes can be enabeld. Including the Drone mode.
Further on it would be nice to be able to record a complete Flight and then play them as AI in the simulator. In this way you can generate realistic AI traffic around your favorite airfield.
Back in the dayś the most beloved freeware product FSRecorder could do this.

Really what we need is a built in version of either the freeware skydolly or the payware FlightControlReplay, both of which can do all of this for PC users but of course Xbox users can’t use them. This is why it needs to be built in. On the PC I use FCR and like it.

2 Likes