[WISHLIST] Impose Standardization for All Aircraft in Choice of Throttle Axis and Pitch Trim Axis Direction

Going forward, I’d REALLY love it if MSFS 2024 imposed standardization on the throttle and pitch trim axes. IOW, EVERY plane both stock and mod will use either “throttle axis” or “throttle axis 0-100”. I don’t care which, just pick 1 and stick to it. And also PLEASE force every plane to use the same direction for the pitch trim axis. Again, pick reversed or not, I don’t care, but everybody should do it the same way.

Seriously, configuring throttles and the pitch trim axis was simple when all we had were the stock planes. All of them used the “throttle axis 0-100” and all of them had pitch trim going in the same direction (although this direction switched in an early sim update). But then all the 3rd party planes started coming out and there is no consistency whatsoever. Some use “throttle axis”, some use “throttle axis 0-100”. So need the pitch trim axis reversed some don’t.

So now I’m forced to have a plethora of throttle configurations simply to handle planes with 1 to 4 engines that use either “throttle axis” or “throttle axis 0-100”, plus other differences like reverse thrust and/or spoilers going in different directions for different planes. PLEASE make this stop. Just force everybody to use the same axis.

And then there’s the direction of the pitch trim axis. Some planes need the “reverse” box checked, some don’t. It’s impossible to remember for all the many planes in the game, so EVERY time I fly a plane I haven’t flown in a while, and which might not have a trim indicator, I have to look outside to see if the trim moves in the correct direction. And even this sometimes doesn’t work because some trim tabs are animated like they’re servo tabs when they’re really not, and vice versa. So really, the only way to be sure is to take off. You’ll soon be able to tell if your pitch axis needs reversing. This is madness. So PLEASE just pick a direction and force everybody to use it.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Every sim you had to have different binds every plane, different trim different everything,