With large parts of the sim now unusable across Europe and further afield, isn't it now time we had a proper discussion about improving the offline capability of the sim across all areas?

ok Melania we will try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Didnt even realize that. I deserved the snark for that one. Well played!

Yeah something needs to be done. Although SU10 beta has been good over the last day or so for me on xbox, ive had plenty of random server issues like poor photogrammetry and ground textures, disconnects (even though my internet is sound) low bandwidth messages (even though my internet is running fine).

Whilst its still playable it is bloody annoying.

Indeed, I got those low bandwidth warnings too in the last days!

Thankfully they go away after some seconds without me doing anything. They make the sim stutter for a moment, then everything goes back to normal…

Flying Europe and Middle East, in VR.

1 Like

To fix this try changing your DNS settings in windows, something like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 just search fast public dns. After switching mine over the messages have disappeared.

Sometimes just a good ol’ fashioned reboot of your entire internet connection(router/modem) does wonders. I do it about once a week. When I see a ping over 5 and DL speeds(in msfs) in the 20’s I go up and unplug and plug. Ding, back up to 100+. Funny in ‘native’ xbox, I never have slow downs getting patches for other games, sometimes hitting 850+mibs for say the newest COD 4 gig patch-but MSFS marketplace will be sub 20 in the exact same session. Often though it will only be between 100-200 from MP, but at least tolerable. It’s hard to tell because it breaks to decompress/install and start up, so the counter can’t get up to registering full speeds. It also seems to help live traffic and other things.

Back when I thought re-installing the game ‘fixed’ anything(which it never does) out in the native xbox menu as an install it would hit 400+ like a game patch.

It’s not unusable across Europe. It’s utter nonsense. The usual exaggeration that people love to indulge in.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.