Woojer Vest Edge and VR immersion

I want to provide a short report of using Woojer Vest Edge https://www.woojer.com/pages/vest in MSFS in VR - after roughly one week of testing and fine tuning.

My setup: RTX3080, Quest 2 and HyperX Cloud Flight wireless headset.

Initially, I connected everything PC->AIRLINK->QUEST 2-> Woojer → Headeset using cables but did not like all cables and how long it takes to connect everything. Then installed VoiceMeter banana (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana and Apply audio mirroring using Voice Meeter Banana (Windows) : Woojer Edge to duplicate audio directly to the vest and Quest 2. But the latency of the sound in Quest 2 were around 2 second., So instead of using Quest 2 for audio, i used my wireless headset (much lower latency, around 100-200ms). The west is paired to PC also via Bultooth 5.0 dongle - Bluetooth USB Dongle Audio Adapter | Avantree DG80
So my current configuration is PC->Bluetooth Dongle->Woojer and PC->Wireless Dongle->Headset and VM Banana to duplicate the audio.
I mainly tested with DC-6 and it is great - i can feel every RPM changes, takeoff and landing ramble, flaps and landing gear deployment and engine droning during cruise phase. I also tried to use SimShaker sound module but did not want to have just synthetic sounds - i wanted it to be in sync with actual sound changes of the engines.

The vest itself is compfortable and i was able to wear it for hours without significant discomfort, especially when i removed all cables.

Hope it is helpful

Leon

You need to get Sim Shaker For Aviators to tie it into the events rather than just the sound. Once you have that, it’s fantastic! Use it for my Buttkicker.

Agree - my point was that even by using events, it will be canned sound effects. For example landing rumble not connected to actual ground speed. I can do it also via SPAD.NEXT - to trigger playing sound files based on SimConnect

1 Like

i’ve just got a Woojer vest. I can’t wait to try.
So you suggest to connect it via bluetooth?

I would suggest first to use simple connection via cables - connect your VR headset audio output to the vest input and connect headphones to the vest output. Dont forget to put VR headset volume to maximum. Play with it. Because bluetooth will still introduce some latency and also sluttering up to 1 second when it goes to power saving mode. It will just take time to set everything correctly

I’ve a reverb G2 and i’m thinking how can i connect my audio output to the vest?

I see, because G2 does not have audio output you will need to connect the vest to PC audio output. It should output the same audio as the headset.

So Reverb G2 connected to USB-c and Displayport.
Vest connected directly to Pc output audio.
I’ve to duplicate the sound using a software like those you are using?

yes, but try first just to connect to default audio output. it should already be in sync with G2 audio. You probably will need to set up something in Mixed Reality Portal

Thanks for your info. As soon as the vest arrive i’ll write back here.
meanwhile i wrote a email to vest support to ask the right procedure.

uh ok, just received their answer:

You can connect multiple audio devices to your PC through audio mirroring, using either OBS or VoiceMeeter Banana. Both of these programs are free to download.
With that, you can easily set up your Woojer Vest Edge to work together with your HP Reverb G2.

You can learn more about the audio mirroring process via the relevant article:

Please click here and follow the provided instructions for how to use Audio Mirroring through OBS.

Please click here and follow the provided instructions for how to use Audio Mirroring through VoiceMeeter Banana.

1 Like

I recommend VoiceMeter Banana - less performance impact. But most important - check USB power in order not to get 1-2 seconds of freeze

I’ve to remove the powersaving from USB, right?

yes. via device manager

Ok received.
I’ve tried briefly.
Connected the Woojer by USB (i don’t have problems with the cable) and managed to setup VR and Woojer with VoiceMeter Banana.
No latecy at all and a great feeling.
The problem is that the vest is a little bit uncomfortable… :smiley:

1 Like

great to hear. You will get used to it.