Workaround to pesky loading white circle, but results in time going too fast in the sim

Since SU5, the loading white circle at the bottom right of the screen has been popping up much more frequently, ie. about every 5 seconds.
With it comes an annoying little stutter that eventually hampers the smoothness & immersion of the sim.

I had a hunch that this could somehow be connected to my Xbox status.
So, in-game, I clicked on my profile picture, and then logged off. I was sent back to initial menu, where I logged back in straight away.
I was then able to load and fly a full 1h45 flight without seeing that white circle + stutters at all - and with the log being fully recorded upon engines shutdown (with the right in-air time and all),

Only issue is that time in-game (and in the cockpit clocks) is now going much too fast.
3 seconds elapse while one 1 second has passed in real-life time.

I usually play with a VA (OnAir), and thus the app thinks I’ve been warping time / accelerating the sim-rate; while I’ve done none of it.

Is anyone able to reproduce the below perhaps?
And maybe make some sense out of it? :slight_smile:

1. Launch the sim.
  2. In the Menu, click on your profile picture to log off.
  3. Re-log back in as soon as you’re prompted.
  4. Start a flight (and notice the absence of white loading circle / stutter).
  5. In-game time now goes about 3 times too fast (but logged time is somehow still accurate).

Cheers,

Thank you very much.
It works perfectly and better than [dev mode] - console trick.

Nope mate. Try now after the patch (SU6) :wink:

Ah! Actually here I ended up creating myself a new Xbox profile / gamertag altogether. And it’s worked like a charm.
My previous profile was a bit “bricked in the cloud” somehow…

Thx for info.

Does only the the clock go fast or does the time of day (aka the position of the sun in the sky ) go 3 times too fast well?

Not sure to be fair… time was also going 3x too fast in OnAir.

But as TenPatrol mentioned, time now remains correct when doing the log-out-log-back-in manoeuvre since SU6, so there’s that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m experiencing this issue since i joined the beta sim update 8, every 5 seconds the white loading circle appears, i dont know it is my problem or servers? i tried to log out and sign in again but it doesnt work for me

Hi. I have the same issue. Since the update the game is only playable in Dev-Mode. Sadly my flight hours dont get loged. I hope SU 9 will fix this.

i can tell you sim update 9 doesnt fix that, it is the same bad behaviour