Working Emergency Parachutes (AKA Ballistic Parachutes)

Bump of this thread as there is finally something new to add to it.

As always, third party devs to the rescue! First plane with a parachute is inbound sometime in the future, no release date as of yet. I’m not one to buy GA aircraft regularly, but if they include fun gimmicks like this I’ll definitely consider it!

Thanks for the info, finally a complete simulated aircraft with parachute.

Hi Guys,

I am the dev of the Sting S4… in case you guys don’t know it is already available via market place :).

Best,
Raul

3 Likes

Any chance of getting the plane somewhere else, besides the in-game Marketplace? Not my favourite platform to buy addons from…

I have to admit, the parachute was the first thing I tried when I got the Sting S4. :wink: Very cool effect! :smiley:

However, choose your deployment point well – ditching in the water still counts as a crash in MSFS, even if you descend slowly on a chute. :wink:

4 Likes

These are potentially going to get an upgrade come 2024, with the new physics capabilities.

Because DCS has them, and many people want this sim’s fighters to be realistic. And have guns. And bombs and stuff.

I did not know that. Might have to grab the Sting. I know it’s pretty highly regarded, and the chute certainly adds a ‘cool factor.’

1 Like

I’d like to propose an ejection seat scenario for the F35 (to start with). While I don’t seek to crash a plane, when I do sense a failure that’s irrecoverable, how cool would it be to have an active ejection option. It could be a canned result with an external view of a blown canopy and a pilot ejecting and returning to earth. I’d love it if it would start with inside the cockpit, the ability to toggle the actual ejection handle and blow out… Can this be considered by our Development friends? Talk about a level of realism and immersion that would be jaw dropping.