Working Title CJ4 Mod Version 0.4.1 Released

Hey all,

After updating to 1.9.5, please completely exit the simulator and restart before using any of our Working Title stuff. The sim appears to unload all Community content before patching and does not reload it unless the sim is restarted.

3 Likes

it seems, that the 4.1.0 are still working with the new ā€œupdateā€ā€¦

but I notice, that I canĀ“t turn off the Flight Director. Can anybody confirm that? IĀ“m a real Pilot, so i know what to do to deactivate the FD :wink:

Is it an issue from the Mod or is it from the ā€œstockā€ CJ4?

All good stuff, thanks. As a retired old school pilot I like to see NDB/VOR needles, but canā€™t find a way to display them on the CJ4. Is it the sim or can they be displayed?

How is VNAV behaving with this mod? More especially SID/STAR alt restrictions

They donā€™t work yet but we have bearing pointers on our list.

VNAV does not work yet. Itā€™s a complicated intertwined relationship between the flight plan manager and the autopilot system, both of which are a buggy mess from Asobo and we have plans to write our own systems but it will take some time.

3 Likes

Draft interim SoP document for the Working Title CJ4 is now available and meant to be used in conjunction with checklists accessible from the MFD.

Working Title CJ4 Interim SoP Document

1 Like

Loving the new update. Thanks for the SOP as I need to learn more. Perhaps the SOP may answer my questions but I had a few observations/issues:

1. If you donā€™t come in straight on the LOC it will make extreme lateral turns and never really line up. I feel it is exaggerated compared to the non-mod version.
  2. The PFD doesnā€™t always show the VREF values on the ticker or they show zero even if I enter the TAKE OFF values and FLPN.
  3. When you land and move to idle. I can taxi forever without ever moving the the throttle. Even when I brake as long as I donā€™t come to a full stop the aircraft can still accelerate after I let off the brakes. All this while the throttle is on idle.

However, the plane is still very flyable and I havenā€™t experienced the porpoise effect yet since v0.4.1 and the 1.9.5.0 update.

1. Will look into it

2. Are you calculating your VREF speed in the approach ref page from PERF INIT and then pressing the send button?

3. This jet, as with most jet aircraft, produce enough thrust at idle that as soon as you take your feet off the brakes, you are gonna start rolling. In fact, I reduced it a bit from the real world effect. Itā€™s common to bump the throttles up enough to get it to a good roll and then to idle and that should be enough momentum, save for a few turns here and there.

1 Like

#1 - Thanks.

#2 - I think that maybe it. I didnā€™t know the SEND button worked and needed to be pressed. Perhaps a message confirming it has been hit or needs to be hit will help.

#3 - Cool. No issue there then.

Compliments to the team
FLC up to cruise is spot on.
Beautiful ride!
Reminds me of the Jet Provost days, Ha Ha LOL!

Only thing I can see from one flight, EGNH EGNS is the Ad Hoc selection of WP, after approach selection and activation. Need to have the ability to select a Dirto
WP!
We know Asobo couldnā€™t do this. Always reverting to previous waypoint. Pathetic! Never consulted a pilot?
But you guys have a handle on the FMC.
Just need to include the Ad Hoc waypoint feature into the FMC so on approach we can go Dirto that!

Hey the pogo effectā€¦that ā€œfollowing the trim programā€ issue is fixed. Smooth ride down the GS!

Real nice thanks guys. This little gem is very nice! :wink:

We kinda forgot to include the verification of Vspeed send. Itā€™ll be in next update.

GREAT MOD! CJ4 is now my go-to ride in MSFS!

Is there any way to bind the ā€œSelect menu itemā€ to a joystick key? Specifically, I would like to be able to ā€œtickā€ checklist items from my joystick without having to change my view and use my mouse to hit a tiny button. :slight_smile:

This version is GREAT. I canā€™t imagine my CJ4 without it.

This is all great stuff, guys, but you shouldnā€™t be having to do it. This program is so buggy it shouldnā€™t have been released. Iā€™m a retired airline pilot, not a test pilot.
Hereā€™s a couple of issues:
Using auto-approach mode on RW15 at BHX the autopilot always tracks 1/2 dot to the left of the centreline and 1/2 a dot below the G/S.
I want to save a flight in the downwind position at BHX, so I can practice approach and landing. I have it set up with ILS tuned, altitude and speed captured with HDG, FLC, FD and autopilot engaged. I also have two extra windows open so I can see the flight instruments and power setting while flying visually.
I pause, ESC and save the flight. When I load the flight all settings in FMS and ILS tuning have been lost as have the ALT and speed, all modes have also disengaged and itā€™s flying much faster than the speed on saving.
If the autopilot was engaged on saving, when I release pause the A/C goes into a death dive. If I save in manual flight the A/C is seriously out of trim and the flight modes, when re-engaged to not work correctly. In short, flight saving is totally useless.
Has anybody else had these problems?

On re-reading my post could be read as a criticism of the CJ4 mod. Itā€™s a criticism of the MS/Asobo FS2020.

Took my first flight in the new version and Iā€™m loving the audio announcements. Good work.

What did I forget if the APPROACH VREF values from a previous flight still show up along with the TAKEOFF VREF values of the current flight?

Since Iā€™m using this mod Iā€™ll ask this question here

Overall I just want to verify if there is a game bug or the sequence of me doing things is incorrect. Iā€™m not very experienced so please take it easy or direct me to a place that would present a complete order from in sim take of to landing

1. In WORLD menu I pick IFR flight. DEP GATE -> ARR GATE
    I find picking a DEP/ARR RUNWAY before flight take place unrealistic. Isnā€™t that dictated by ATC and can be changed at any second ?

2. Autopilot - Here is where I may made a mistake in the middle of the flight I went and pre selected ILS APPROACH in jet computer. Autopilot seam to work fine afterwards . When I got closer to the destination ATC requested me to change the ILS runway and the approach.
    I found the runway and the requested approach in the jet computer and executed the map updated but the autopilot would bank right I tried to reset NAV and AP but no matter what the jet keep banks right forcing me to land manually.

3. I know you guys are planing to do tutorials on YouTube how to correctly do things in CJ4 but maybe a short order list would help me for now.

Unfortunately, none that we are aware of.