Working Title CJ4 Discussion Thread

It works! Using Axis and Ohs (AAO) from @LorbySI , I’m able to use hardware buttons to control the autopilot modes of the WT CJ4 by setting HTML variables. As the WT devs have explained above, controlling the AP modes of the WT CJ4 via SimConnect does not currently work. The AAO tool, however, can manipulate HTML variables within the simulator, and those can control the WT CJ4 AP modes.

It was quite simple, following the AAO documentation and the hint from the developer to experiment with the HTML variables. Here’s the basic setup procedure:

• Make sure the CJ4 is installed in the community folder.
  • Before the sim is running, start AAO and collect the HTML variables from the simulator (“Read HVARS from sim” in the “Scripting” menu).
  • Run the sim and start a flight in the WT CJ4.
  • Add a button in AAO. When setting the “Key Down Event”, apply a filter for “CJ4”. The variables for the AP modes are in the “HTML-Variables” section.
  • Pressing that button appears to me to be equivalent to clicking the button in the virtual cockpit.

I’m very impressed that this is working. I’m excited to be able to use my Stream Deck via AAO to control the WT CJ4 AP. And I’m looking forward to setting up a Honeycomb Bravo device this way when it arrives. Thank you, @LorbySI ! And thank you to the incredible WT team for such an in-depth aircraft.

Tagging @Woodstock327 and @hendis55 who were posting that they were looking for a solution like this.

3 Likes