Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

I don’t think you can on the map screen, but the NXi has one loaded anyway. I’m not how you go about loading them into the NXi manually. Perhaps that functionality is not added yet?

1st Add VOR
2nd Load Airway (menu)

got it

I’ll have to give that a go. Thanks!

What Origin and Destination are you using?

I haven’t yet, that’s why I want to try it. Manchester to London City probably.

How does this look:

EGCC LOVEL L612 HON L15 BIG EGLC

Matt, I am (and perhaps others are) befuddled by MSFS nomenclature. Tuesday, Asobo released two separate updates; one was a patch – “update 1.19.8.0” – and the other was a photogrammetry update, World Update VI. I downloaded update 1.19.8.0, with its fixes to a variety of issues, when it appeared on my PC immediately after MSFS finished “checking for updates” Tuesday. After that finished, I went to the Marketplace to find and download World Update VI. Then yesterday, I found this story online announcing that " Microsoft Flight Simulator has today launched update 1.19.8.0 (otherwise known as Update VI)." Then I searched for 1.19.8.0 on this website and found this: " Discussion + Poll: World Update VI (1.19.8.0)". As I have understood them, there are sim updates (major and/or minor coding fixes) and World Updates (new, improved scenery plus–sometimes–additional planes). But I thought I had misunderstood this when I saw the patch, 1.19.8.0, referred to as a “Update VI” in the online story and World Update VI called “(1.19.8.0)” elsewhere on this official website. You have cleared up my confusion, but what about everyone else’s?

I’m sure they will. In the meantime, I’ll stick with the stock G1000 so I can continue using my multipanel and do ILS approaches without all the preflight rigamarole of setting the CDI LOC and heading bug to the destination ILS heading (and all the delicate mouse-knob-turning that requires). I’ll do RNAV/VNAV approaches by hand; it’s good practice.

Are you using the default Logitech drivers?

you mean EGCC LOVEL L612 HON L15 BIG EGLC ?

:slight_smile: Yes, I don’t know where that came from. That’s not even valid!

Those were one and the same update. The world updates also include some small (or occasionally more medium size) code changes generally, although they try to keep those to a minimum. As it has been since the beginning, the updates are on a every-other cycle: World Update, then Sim Update, then World Update, etc.

CDI auto-slew and auto-switch is implemented. The only remaining issue with the multipanel is the altitude display, all knobs and buttons should change the values in the avionics appropriately, that we are aware of, on the Logitech panel.

-Matt | Working Title

1 Like

Does that mean that the values on the Logitech panel will change when I change the values by turning knobs or pushing buttons in the sim?

As far as has been reported to us (except for alt), yes, they should.

-Matt | Working Title

That works out but I could not find any published minimums listed on the IFR chart
EGCC LOVEL L612 HON L15 BIG EGLC
Raining cats and dogs on that route right now.

Even though we can save the NEXRAD option you have to turn it off and back on to get it to work after a power up

1 Like

I noticed that as well. Have to toggle off then back on again for the NEXRAD to display.

1 Like

Is there any plans for NEXRAD to work on Xbox?

Yes, at least in my case, the only thing that doesn’t work on the Multipanel is the altitude. Everything else works as it did before. Did a complete IFR flight, STAR, RNAV approach. The autopilot handled it all just fine except for having to set the altitudes on the sim panel.

Hey Matt will the G1000 be able to use the “roads” database at some point?

I have tried every which way to get the G1000 NXi to work on autopilot in the G36 with no luck. I have tried it with my multipanel connected and disconnected, in case it was mucking things up. Anyway, here’s what happens when I press AP and NAV in the sim: the plane veers off course. It says “ROL” at the top of the PDF, where it should say AP. And the plane certainly rolls. The plane also does not climb, even though I’ve previously set the ALT before takeoff and pressed NAV and ALT together after pressing AP. I have to manually set the VS to get it to climb (I don’t have to do this when using my multipanel with the G3000). And then it just keeps climbing past the altitude I set in the first place. The workload is too much for me; I spun out and crashed today while I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I cannot fly with this mod, so I’m back to the stock G1000 again.