Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread

Sometimes ATC syncs correctly with IAP altitude fixes and descent calls, and sometimes they do not, timing wise. TOD markers on the NXi are the best indication you should be descending NOW, as opposed to hearing ATC make the call.

None of this will really sync until the WT FP planning engine replaces sim stock (but that could be years from now) and even then, ATC still needs a revamp of it’s own.

3 Likes

Happening in the Cirrus SR22 as well with the red x AHRS Align red boxes…fyi…just updated through content manager…was working before

The red Align Boxes will disappear if you are Cold & Dark, it makes the startup more realistic as the GPS needs to self-check and align. Not sure what happens if you attempt to start on runway or mid-air.

It may be something specific to the SR22 in that case. Version 0.10.1 works fine in the C208 from a cold start.

I’ve not tested, but I would imagine the need for wings to be level etc. are merely cosmetic labels. Next time I fly will I perform a full shutdown in flight, then restart the plane to see what it does. I’ll make sure I’m in a turn as well so the wings definitely aren’t level.

2 Likes

You will need to keep bank angle under 20 degrees of bank, or the AHRS alignment will not complete. Time spent past 20 degrees of bank will reset the AHRS alignment procedure.

I am not able to reproduce that over here on the SR22. Are you sure you have 0.10.1 and not 0.10.0?

-Matt | Working Title

3 Likes

Super attention to detail. I suppose it will not matter much to casual gamers but to sim enthusiasts this kind of thing is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

Hi guys, I am new to this thread and had a quick ‘concept’ question. I love the work that this being done on this mod and it is much appreciated.

My question, is it the intent to get this unit fully functional to the level where the developer is completely satisfied, and only then begin work on the 3000?

I ask because I am curious as to how much of this unit can be applied to the 3000, could one expect a much faster development time with the 3000 or is it likely to be another full 6-8 month development cycle. I am aware we don’t know, but I am asking for general opinion’s. Thanks

1 Like

Agreed. It makes the G1000 in my other sim look quite antiquated by comparison, at this point.

An absolute dream using RSG panels.

1 Like

I can verify that I have 0.10.1

What aircraft is this? Thank you

@EricFlightUS mentioned it here : Working Title G1000 NXi Discussion Thread - #1891 by EricFlightUS

1 Like

No Issue here

1 Like

@SimBuilder7508 what is one of those? rSG panel?

In all fairness, Asobo is dealing with a code base at least 10x larger. It’s apples and oranges.

You can get them here:

They aren’t the only supplier as Virtual Fly have their version as well:

Yes, RSG panels

This may have already been reported, but after updating to the latest version today I could no longer pop out the pannels on the Asobo C172 G1000.

I tried the DA62 and it worked just fine.

@Crunchmeister71 mentioned that it was a bug in this version and they had to be powered on first, soon as I did that it worked just fine.

Oddly enough, the issue remained even with NXi uninstalled, but worked just fine without powering on in the DA62.

Seems to only affect certain aircraft?

It’s less of an acknowledged bug. More of the discussion that went down on the WT Discord.

A user reported the issue you’re describing.

Matt’s reply: The NXi is not in charge of popout behavior of the avionics systems at all

Then Matt followed up with: Although that’s the second report of not being able to pop-out when power is off on 0.10.0, so may still be worth investigation. Perhaps a sim interaction

Then I proceeded to report it as well and confirmed the other 2 reports.

So they’re aware of the issue.

1 Like