Working Title Garmin G3000 Discussion Thread

I’ve noticed a few of these bugs as well. Some of them I could have lived with but one of them meant the plane turning a 180 against the flight plan. Everything was still on, of course. Small bug. Just keep the heading bug pointed in the right direction from not on. Apparently, they are aware of these bugs now.

1 Like

Can you enter the airways in v0.4.0 flight plans or are they display only? I cannot figure out how to use victor routes in a flight plan.

For now, display only. We have to enter the waypoints individually unfortunately. An idea just popped up in my head as I’m typing this but I don’t know if it’s a good one or not, but here it is:

For as long as we wait for airways implementation, maybe just add the beginning waypoint of an airway and the end waypoint if the airway is straight. If the airway has turns in it, then the beginning waypoint, the waypoints at the turning points and the end waypoint. So skip all waypoints in a straight line within an airway.

1 Like

I understand that the next sim update will include a lot of enhancements to the G3000. Will this render the ‘Working Title G3000’ obsolete? Or will we still need or be able to use this addon?

1 Like

I’ve been having this same problem with the G3000 V0.40. I will try the workaround you mentioned using the HDG mode while inputting procedures into the flight plan. Does anyone know if WT has acknowledged this bug with possible fix in future update? I have checked github and their discord but could not find any info there on this bug.

1 Like

anyone here have issues with the cruise speed of the longitude being stuck at mach.74? I use the longitude mod that is out there and am on the latest version of the WTg300 and the longitude FDE fix (1.75)

Any info as to whether this mod is compatible with the big UK World update launched today? Apparently there are some changes in the sim so we will need to check whether these affect the mod.

It is. I just tried it. Just know that your layout.json has been replaced by the update, so you need to recopy it from the mod and replace as you did when you installed the mod.

Hi, I’ve this fantastic mod since weeks and I love it.

Few days ago I flew the TBM 930 and I noticed that if map NEXRAD was set to ON, on the radar the coloured indication faded out to an almost not visible state.

Setting NEXRAD to off, made the weather radar indication working normally, that is indicating the senses area, horizontal and vertical mode no probs.

This happened with single windows on the MFD as well as with slit windows.

It seems there’s some unwanted link between the 2…

Any one else experiencing this strange behaviour?

Thank you all.

I’ve noticed that the scroll arrows seem to have dissapeared in the airport info page on the TSC (maybe others too, I don’t recall, but I use the info page often). Those arrows are insanely useful because the scroll bar is unbelievably tiny and almost impossible to grab and pull (especially in VR).

It works as it always has in the flightplan screen (has the arrows and you can simply drag on the window itself) but not on the airport info screen. Is that intentional or was that functionality removed?

2 Likes

I will add to this post that I’m getting the same problem with Procedures. Cannot scroll through Arrival/Approach options beyond the first page while in VR . There are no Up/Down buttons to select which I recall were there with previous versions. Using the latest WT G3000 v4.

3 Likes

Yeah same here. You can actually scroll but it involves trying desperately to grab the, absolutely tiny, white scrollbar on the right and gently moving it. It’s only a few pixels wide so grabbing it is insanely difficult. Plus if you finally grab and move it, it can get stuck in scrolling mode so that, even when you let go, the window will scroll when you move the mouse.

I’m glad it’s not just me though. I tried looking on the GitHub page for similar reports (and maybe solutions) but I couldn’t find anything about it so I thought it was just on my version.

2 Likes

I ended up unbinding the mouse wheel from cockpit view zoom in/out, which allows me to use the mouse wheel to scroll the touchscreen views.

1 Like

I put my cockpit zoom to auto, so I can right-click to zoom in and out, and my scroll wheel is dedicated to the GTCs

3 Likes

That’s weird, scrollwheel does nothing for me. I should add that I fly in VR so the scrollwheel doesn’t zoom to begin with (I also use right-click to zoom). Scrollwheel works fine for dials and such, but not scrolling the windows (first thing I tried).

1 Like

Sounds like the zoom binding eats the event even in VR when zoom does nothing. Try unbinding the zoom and unzoom bindings?

2 Likes

The idea was sound, and the scrollwheel was bound, but unbinding them didn’t help unfortunately. Thanks for trying though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah well! If you can’t get it working, I recommend filing a bug on zendesk – it’s something that should work in VR too, in theory… :frowning:

1 Like

I can confirm the problem is also present with the default G3000 while in VR. Cannot scroll beyond the 1st page of Arrival/Approach pages. Does not seem to be a WT bug. If I switch to PC mode I am able to scroll through the pages easily. So seems to be a VR related bug. I checked the VR forum and surprised there are not more bug reports about this G3000 issue.

2 Likes

Yeah I tried the same thing and you’re right. Still, even if it did scroll I prefer the up/down arrows that are still present in the flightplan screen (or just being able to drag in the window itself, anywhere that’s not a button would scroll it too). I am absolutely sure this feature used to be on every scrolling window but they seem to have been removed everywhere except the flightplan :frowning_face: