Working Title Updates Question

Are The Working Title updates for the CJ4, G1000, G3000 and GX now incorporated into MSFS Updates or do we still need to be checking their Github page for updates? Sorry if this has been discussed already.

G1000 through Microsoft and for the others there is this great tool: MSFS Community Downloader » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities

Just keep track of all versions at their Official Website:

“Working Title - Packages” Working Title - Packages

Easier than their GitHub.

Hey now…that’s a cool tool! I’ve been using Flightsimto but somehow missed that one. Thanks.
Although, I thought Working Title has an official partnership with MSFS, I would have thought any approved updates would be automatically incorporated with any official update (?). Anyway, thanks for the heads up on this tool. Just downloaded it!

1 Like

The mods are mods and will stay that way until we get to put something equivalent or better into the core sim, as we are in progress with the G1000 NXI. The NXI will stay in marketplace as an opt-in addon until it is polished enough to be in the core sim.
We just cannot do everything at the same time :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply. And I get it…just want to save myself time from looking in two different places all the time. That link suggestion I was given above works pretty cool for checking on updates.

I have a question. If I dl and use the wt-cj4, do i need to install the wt-g3000 as well, or is it incorporated into the cj4?

Thanks

The CJ4 uses ProLine21 avionics, so it has nothing to do with the G3000 and therefore you don’t need it.
The G3000 is used in other planes like the TBM and Longitude (faking a G5000)

I’m at this moment trying to start the CJ4 using the default livery. Some of the animations are not working (e.g. throttle, flip windows over “Run” buttons, and etc). I’m sure this has been talked about. But not being able to press the run buttons is not allowing me to start up for cold and dark. What am I missing? (besides searching the forum, which I’ll do if i need to)

Gotcha. Thanks

I figured out the lack of animations. As the forums and developers suggested, I got rid of anything having to do with the CJ4 from the community folder and seems to be working.

The Master Thread for the Working Title CJ4 Mod is here, but @dga711, it may need updating on the topmost post.

Alternatively use Working Title’s Discord.

You guys are very talented, I have recently started flying your cj4 mod and it’s outstanding, I hope this continues and at some point you start charging for your work as you guys really deserve that,thank you so much

That fix/discord/subject heading was from a long time ago. I guess I was looking for something more recent.

…and as it turns out, the copilot mod for the CJ4 was causing the animation not to work.

Trying to figure out what’s going on with my CJ4 since Sim Update 5…I love this aircraft and all of a sudden, half the buttons don’t work anymore. I’ve seen a few people with the same issue.

Tried to figure out why half the buttons in my WT CJ4 have stopped working. I’ve tried:

• Removing all CJ4 liveries from community folder - STILL BROKEN
  • Removing all add-ons except for the WT CJ4 - STILL BROKEN
  • Regenerated the community folder and added in the CJ4 - STILL BROKEN
  • Reset to LEGACY mode - STILL BROKEN
  • Reset Mouse Profile - STILL BROKEN
  • Installed previous version of CJ4 - MORE BROKEN
  • Redownloaded the latest version of WT CJ4 - STILL BROKEN
  • Restarted multiple times - STILL BROKEN
  • Ran a repair of FS2020 - STILL BROKEN
  • Opened a ticket with WT…they said that if removing old G3000 mod from community folder or resetting the mouse profile doesn’t work, then my sim is broken - STILL BROKEN

Today I even tried reinstalling the sim in steam that didn’t work but what’s in %appdata% was never removed so I think I’m going to delete that and try another reinstall. I also regenerated the community folder (renamed the old one and then restarted the sim) and I’ve installed the latest version of the working title mod and still half the buttons don’t work. This is super disappointing…so just going to delete (well rename) the cached MSFS folder and try a second reinstall. I’m basically fresh out of ideas for what’s going on.

Anyone else dealing with this?

I am finding this too. I have only just installed the mod for the first time and have lost alot of functionality. Cant even get the lower menu button to work. Have you found a solution to the issue yet?

Yeah…unfortunately I had to remove the cache folder (either delete it OR rename it…renaming is best so you don’t lose everything in your community folder)…that’s the group of folders were your community folder is. For me it’s in the %AppData% path. Then uninstall/reinstall FS2020. You’ll have to reinstall all your add-on and pop everything back into the newly created community folder but that’s the only thing that fixed it for me. Removing that cache folder is key…

1 Like

@FlyIslandGuy @FlyingCharlie01
Make sure you don’t have the King Air payware addon installed from the marketplace. That one overrides cockpit modelbehaviors which can break other planes.
Also old versions of the G3000 can come with that issue.

And when installing new versions of the CJ4, always make sure to delete the existing folder beforehand and not just overwrite it. Otherwise there might still be old files making problems.