World Map not showing estimated flight time and mouse not selecting or zoom

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

No, only addon is Just Flight PA28 Warrior II

Brief description of the issue:

I installed today’s update (WU POI) and went to World Map to create a flight plan. Selected LKPR departure and LKKB arrival, no flight time shown. Added Salenza, RoundNice, and Vodochody… no flight time shown and while attempting to add waypoints discovered the map would not select, zoom, scroll, or pan with the mouse. I had to choose one of my existing airports (using the buttons above the map) before the mouse would function normally.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

see description above.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

PC - Windows 10 64bit 21H2 OS Build 19045.3208, Intel i9-10900, RTX 3060 Game Ready Driver 536.23, 32Gb RAM, 1TB NVMe (OS and MSFS) + 2TB 7200 rpm drive. Primary MSFS monitor is 4K Samsung 43" TV, two other monitors are 23" HD.
MS Store MSFS 1.33.8.0, 1920x1080, TAA, vsync, frame rate 100%, DX11, rendering Ultra, TLOD 200, photogrammetry on, live weather.
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Logitech/Saitek Rudder Pedals.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.33.8.0 (after today’s POI update)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Map Freeze happens to many of us; just press Esc to the main screen, then click on the World Map again and you’ll be straight back to where you left off with everything working as normal.

1 Like

I finished that flight and exited to the main menu. Selected world map and experienced the same issue. I plan to try again later today.

Tonight I performed the same steps as my original post and experienced the same result. No estimated time was shown and the mouse would not select, scroll, or zoom unless I first picked one of the existing waypoints from the top bar.
I then created a new flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The same issues occurred.
Edited… I changed from the Just Flight Warrior II to the Cessna 172 (steam) and was able to create the latest flight with no problems - estimated time, mouse select/scroll/zoom all were fine. I then changed my aircraft back to the Just Flight Warrior II and also had no issues.

Hi there, could you uninstall the Just Flight Warrior II and see if you can repeat the issue with default aircraft? And if not, does this only happen when you have got the Just Flight Warrior II already selected prior to flight planning?

2 Likes

I started MSFS and went to the world map, the Just Flight Warrior II was already selected. I attempted to create the flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The same issues occurred. I closed MSFS.

I used MSFS_AddonsLinker to remove my Just Flight Warrior II (purchased directly from Just Flight).

I started MSFS and went to the world map, changed the Cessna 208B to the Textron Aviation Cessna 172 (steam), and attempted to create the flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected. I closed MSFS.

I started MSFS and went to the world map, selected the Just Flight Arrow III (purchased from Marketplace), and attempted to create the flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The same issues occurred.
I reset the flight plan, exited to the main menu, back into to the world map, selected the Cessna 172 (steam) and performed the same steps. The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected. I closed MSFS.

I started MSFS and went to the world map, selected the Milviz 310R (purchased from Marketplace), and attempted to create the flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The same issues occurred.
I then performed the following steps with a number of stock aircraft: Cessna 172 (steam), Cirrus SR22, Bonanza G36, CubCrafters NXCub
I reset the flight plan, exited to the main menu, back into to the world map, selected the aircraft and performed the same steps. The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected.
I closed MSFS.

I keep my community folder relatively empty and remove marketplace addons I rarely use.

I submitted this bug report as I have not seen this issue in nearly 450 flight hours.

2 Likes

I restarted MSFS and went to the world map, selected the Just Flight Arrow III, then imported a previously saved copy of this flight plan. The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected.
I then reset the flight plan, exited to the main menu, back into to the world map, selected the Milviz 310R and performed the original steps (expecting issues). The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected.
I used MSFS_AddonsLinker to add my Just Flight Warrior II.
I started MSFS and went to the world map, selected the Just Flight Warrior II, then attempted to create the flight plan from Warton to Blackpool, adding Woodvale and Liverpool. The same issues occurred.
I reset the flight plan and imported a saved copy of this flight plan. The estimated flight time was NOT shown but the mouse worked as expected.
I reset the flight plan and went to the world map, the Just Flight Warrior II was already selected. I imported a saved copy of this flight plan, the estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected.

2 Likes

Tonight I started MSFS, re-installed the Carenado PA28 181 Archer II (sorry, not my favorite aircraft), went to the world map, selected the Carenado Archer II, then performed the original steps. The estimated flight time was NOT shown but the mouse worked as expected.
After my flight I went to the world map (the Carenado Archer II was still selected) and performed the original steps. The estimated flight time was shown and the mouse worked as expected. I did notice the mouse sometimes would not scroll or zoom, but clicking anywhere on the map restored that functionality.

1 Like

Over the past few days I found the flight plan was not loading to the plane’s GNS530/430 so I deleted then reinstalled the Garmin GNS 430/530 (26.35 KB). Now it appears the map is working as expected and the flight plan is shown in the GNS530/430. I will mark this as the potential solution but will watch to see if the issues return.

1 Like

That’s great! Fingers crossed it’s fixed.
For anyone else reading this that has the same issue, do you mean you reinstalled the base-sim Garmin GNS 430/530 by using the Content Manager? Or is the GNS 430/530 an add on version that comes with the aircraft?

The official Garmin GNS 430/530 version from the Marketplace/Content Manager. I had stopped using third party avionics when Working Title provided their updates.

1 Like

See marked solution.