World map scenery lacking, no airport ramps, taxiways or buildings show up

After starting the sim, the world map page shows a mostly featureless scene of browns and green textures. When I zoom into my hometown airport, KRFD, the runways are shown, but no taxiways or terminal buildings, just white dots for parking spots. Roads and airport parking lots show up. This occurred before and after the latest sim update, with standard and addon airports, both freeware and payware. I have started the sim both with and without addons. All airports do this. When you spawn on them everything is fine and well represented. I have tried various on line data settings and map filters, no joy. At one point, I have been noticing that I had my settings to play in full screen version, but after each restart, it would revert to the windowed version. I finally fixed that by changing a setting in my UserCfg.opt file. I’m thinking that the problem lies with a bug in some .cfg or .opt file that tells the sim where to get the info for the world map background. Any thoughts would be appreciated, game play is fine but it is a very annoying problem.

Topic moved into Community Support for community assistance.

The Bug Reports category is for reporting confirmed bugs without duplicating an existing report - using the provided template. :+1:

After doing some research, I believe this is a bing map issue, but I have not figured out how to fix it. Google map enhancement doesn’t fix it and I know my sim is online. I believe there is a bug somewhere inside that may have been triggered and nothing is fixing it. In my research, I found that the Bing server issues were over a year ago and no mention of a fix, since there has been no further comment on this, I assume it’s been fix. I think my problem is a file has been corrupted, question is which one. It would be of great help if someone could point me in the right direction.