World map user preference: runway or parking/gate

Hello!

I’d like to see a user preference/settings option indicating whether I prefer to have my aircraft setup ready to go on the runway or at a gate/parking spot.

For some reason I keep forgetting to switch away from the default runway way too often, and it’s a bit tedious going through the world map and loading the flight again.

A customizable default setting would eliminate this mistake.

Some logic needs to be added in order to best fit the aircraft with a suitable starting location, eg a gate for airliners or a GA-parking/ramp spot for smaller aircraft.

Please add the ability to default to starting at gate/ramp/parking when selecting airports on the flight plan rather than having to do this manually every time. This is particularly annoying when loading a flight plan, where opting to start at parking can change the loaded flight plan.

This could be a default setting somewhere in the menus and therefore wouldn’t need to interfere with those who want the streamlined load up and fly experience, but would be a really nice simple feature for the many who like to start in cold/dark state.

2 Likes