World Scale In Settings

Just curious if anyone is using the world scale setting in the VR menu and what’s the number (if any) you’ve arrived at?

I’ve always noticed how things seem smaller in VR, and right now I’m using world scale 125 (so I assume that’s equivalent to scaling up 25 percent…?) and cockpits tend to look more realistic. Is it just my brain playing tricks on me because I’ve messed with a setting? Or are other users scaling up a bit as well?

2 Likes

100 is perfect for fenix airbus a320… FBW is incredibly unrealistic in size…

1 Like

Interesting. I found at 125 Fenix was a little oversized, but I stepped it down to 110 and I feel like the seat width/flight deck width seemed more realistic. I have nothing to compare it to because I have never been inside a flight deck before.

1 Like

I used to fuel these all the time so i have many experiences in the flight deck of these. FBW is unrealistically large… Well out of scale. Fenix is perfect at 100. But… If you feel more comfortable at 110 then that’s cool too :slight_smile: … These flight decks are very small. They’re not roomy lol.

1 Like

Really good to know. I think it depends on the developer too. I know the Hjet is really small and you have to really scale up.
Like I said, I have no real-world reference so feedback from experience is appreciated.

1 Like

I’m using 115 for the MilViz C310 and thought it felt much more realistic. I like it!!

4 Likes

85 looks fine for me in FBW.
Other questions: which world scaling settings will have “first priority”? Usind MSFS world scaling or using OXR Toolkit world scaling?

These values depend on your headset, your head, your IPD, the distance from your eyes to the lenses, the aircraft and your personal preference.

I used the 172 cockpit as reference, since I sit there often IRL and I came to 105. But that doesn’t say anything.

1 Like

Yep. I don’t fuss too much over it, but if I were to get picky, I’d have a different setting for each plane I fly in. For those that find it does their head in (literally in my case, such as a glider I fly in the sim, where the top of my head sticks through the canopy) maybe a saved world scale setting for each plane would be a nice thing to have…plus maybe the ability to dial in how tall the pilot is. :grin:

1 Like

Options → Camera → Height :wink:

1 Like

The confusing camera options in MSFS are, hilariously, above (or below) my aged skill level. I just use the arrow keys to lower my backside. But I’ll look into it, so thanks.

I use 107 with my Quest 2. The way I “calibrate” this is by placing controllers next to my seat IRL and trying aligning my real and virtual seating position.

In theory, it should be the same for all aircraft, assuming developers use the same scale, but in practice the results may vary.

1 Like

I like this idea for sure - because I find that each developer has a different scale. Plus, I have never been inside any of these planes, so I have no idea if my head should be touching the ceiling and the throttle levers should be tiny little sticks or if I should be using a ladder to get to some of the switches on the overhead.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.