World update 3: UK

probably a sensible bit of editing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Shhhhh. As John Cleese might say…“Don’t mention the “B” word. I mentioned it once and I think I got away with it”.

Dull overcast and raining occasionally (at least where I am in Bedfordshire)

1 Like

Same here in Derbyshire. Traditional British weather lol

1 Like

I managed to get my 3070 early, thank god. I’d be going nuts if I’d gone this long and still not found an upgrade from my trusty but overworked old GTX1060.

I will be flying with broken clouds later, live weather will not do this update justice! Just a thick, low grey blanket here as normal

Makes for a beautiful breakout at 9000ft though! Only problem is all the new UK World Update scenery will be hidden under an overcast layer!

1 Like

The last thing I want when flying in Northern Europe (basically everything North of Spain) is live weather :wink: I want clear blue skies and sun.

3 Likes

Lol “This is the first time CorvaxMusic has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!” nice first message man

5 Likes

How does snow work in this sim? Is it based on what the local temperature is? If so, I think there should be some attempt made to refine this. For example, if the temperature WAS cold enough to snow, say less than 24 hours ago, then there should still be snow on the ground, melting away slowly if possible.

I was flying the UK last week, the whole country was under half a foot of snow in real life, but not a single snowflake to be seen in-sim.

anyone else having live weather issues? since yesterday every time i spawn in there’s no clouds and the winds are 225/3 all the time

I’ve had very little success with it in the UK, we had a load of snow a while back and couldn’t find any in the sim. Plenty in the air but none on the ground

Methinks satire is not his bag.

3 Likes

Not sure you did actually!

aaaannnnndddd back on topic…this is what I;m looking forward to:

6 Likes

I thought he was being kinda ironic?

Does anyone know (or recall) what sort of time the updates usually land? This is the first one I’m desperately waiting for, the others I just took when they arrived.

Not exactly sure why I am so eager for this particular one … :thinking:

1 Like

Can’t wait. Weather over UK as of this morning.
Cloudy lol

3 Likes

This looks awesome!

I hope outside of these select areas the mesh and texture have got some love too. Coastlines are particularly disappointing

4pm onwards is the general thought…

expect late in the evening, anything earlier will be a pleasant surprise.