World update 3: UK

I know Faroe is not the UK however if the Orkney’s and Shetland Islands are in the update the Faroe Islands are just around the corner and very small. So it would be very nice.

One of the airports they’re hand crafting is in shetland so they will have to repair the islands.

I think the faroes will require a third party to replace everything as they have in other sims.

1 Like

No it’s in Denmark

Is Ireland included in this update?
I mean Republic of Ireland?

-eelis-

In the last Q&A session they said to have new data for England, Wales and Scotland, but they would try to get it for Northern Ireland and maybe Ireland. Sounded a bit doubtful but we will see. If nothing else I’m sure updated data for Ireland isn’t that far away.

2 Likes

Ah - the good old NSD. There is life beyond the Thames going North you know :wink:

I have to agree because according to the Navigraph survey the UK has the second largest sim community followed by Germany.

2 Likes

I would be okay with them delaying the update so they can get all the data. If that’s what it takes.

Ireland would be a bonus, given the focus of the update is UK. I don’t think they would, nor should, delay the update due to not getting data for Northern Ireland (if that is the case, we don’t know yet). They probably cannot even say when they would get such data as they depend on external parties.

I thought they said that they got data for the whole of Ireland, but I might be wrong.

They were trying to get that. And if they did they would include it.
But there is no guarantee.

Taking a look at the company they have used to get the UK data, i have high expectations, they’re the largest for it and their quality of work seems incredible!

1 Like

On a broomstick? Are you implying she’s a witch? That won’t go over well with Mary Poppins fans :slight_smile:
(FYI: she was using an umbrella)

Why not make it World Update III Europe and release it in summer time ?

The rest of Europe might be the projected subject of World Update 4, but even if that were the case, why would they delay World Update 3, if it’s ready to go?

Why should they .

Europe too, by and large, need a serious update ! UK could be well included within.

But don’t worry it won’t happen, they will only update UK to the extent they can, not sure will be satisfactory, maybe London in PG should be in the bag, I’m sure tho, won’t be included.

As a matter of fact, Microsoft should radically update Bing Maps overall. However, I don’t think MSFS, by itself, is a motivation enough to do that.

I agree. They should wait until they have updated data on the entire world and release it in 1 go in Summer 2022…

6 Likes

Actually I think London is being given the PG treatment in this update. Jorg mentioned it in a recent video. Bluesky are providing data I think.

That would be amazing.

The entire metropolitan London as in the Google Earth ?

…then it would be even ‘bloody’ awesome…