World update 3: UK

They may not have known until the last minute. Also, I doubt it would have made any difference. Perhaps some of the most outrageous complaints would have been less explosive, but people still wouldn’t have been happy.

I won’t mention names, but I remember reading one comment by someone complaining that no update on the situation, and suggest they use social media if there was a problem. They then announce on Discord it won’t be today, and that same person flips.

They can’t win. Instead of watching this thread, I had a lovely three hour flight through the Caribbean.

6 Likes

I think he/she is talking about hidden replies. I’ve seen a few myself tonight but they don’t seem to have been flagged which would cause them to be hidden. Not seen this sort of thing before and I just assumed the forum format had changed slightly or that it was because the thread was getting pretty big :slightly_smiling_face:

There seems to have been an update to how the forum shows posts. When you click on the up arrow to see the post being replied too, the forum now seem to filter out the replies in between. That sems OK, but when you click the “show all” button again, it doesn’t seem to take you back to exactly where you were. If you forget to click the “show all” button, those posts stay hidden.

I think I preferred how it worked before, but I’m sure we’ll get used to this new way too.

This reaction is expected in these situations and it will never change. Communicate well enough ahead so that a giant community is not caught off guard. And I also think it was pretty last second…

Ok, so let’s say it really was last second…don’t give a two sentence notice with no explanation and expect there to be anything but what you see happening.

3 Likes

It’s perhaps expected, but it’s still disappointing to see. Some of the posts don’t seem to be what I would describe as rational, adult behaviour. It was disappointing to not see the UK update today, but Asobo also didn’t run over my cat!

3 Likes

Okay. Thank you for the ‘heads up’. I wondered if something had changed. Nice to know that i’m not going completely barmy. Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s correct, Discourse recently released an update which filters out non-relevant posts when you click the reply button. It is taking a bit of getting used to.

1 Like

Agree. No one was hurt. It’s not life and death, but you wouldn’t know that from some of the posts calling for “people to be sacked”, “diabolocial”, “scandalous” etc.

3 Likes

updates are free. This Simulator, bearing in mind its complexity, is downright cheap. It was also pointed out by MS that this simulator wasnt a static product but would continuously be updated and improved. We all thought that was wonderful at the time. Now everybody complains.
but about communication; MS have kept us informed given the reason why delays are happening.
I assume you will agree that there is no entitlement by us users to have every little detail reported to us. Why would they?
But as far as the delays are concerned, they have informed us.
Neither did I mean to suggest that the Simulator is perfect, but some folks in this forum go way, way over the top with their, frankly very uninformed critique.
So we need to wait a few extra days for an update, big deal!
As far as bugs are concerned, the user doesnt decide the workload of Asobo or the order in which things are done. Many teams work on many aspects. Some are ready before others. So they push it out.
It is perfectly fine to express a wish to see some things done first but do it politely and with respect.
This by the way isnt addressed to you Andyj, but some folks in this forum frankly should wind their necks in a bit.

4 Likes

Right, I agree with that.

I think this word is key.

“Todays thread was brought to you by the letter E, and the word…”

1 Like

The delay is fine by me. Gives my six broken ribs and broken shoulder time to hurt less so I can grab the yoke and throttle. Have a nice day : )

1 Like

It seems fine until you click the “show all” then it seems a bit random where it drops you back to - sometimes back at the top of the thread (and this is a looooonnngggg thread! :grin: )

Yeah I have noticed this as well.

Would probably need an extra server for this thread.

Respectfully, do you think perhaps it a bit of an oversimplification and painting with a broad brush to label people in large swaths as being entitled? I’m not saying that to be a jerk either, just making an observation. :slight_smile:

If you’re saying some but not all of the people who are upset are being impatient or perhaps rude, then sure, you’re definitely right.

There are plenty of people who’ve articulated their grievances fairly well here today - much of the frustration, distain, etc. seems pretty justified.

It’s not like this is the first time, or the second, or even third time that we’ve been on this merry-go-round. And the devil in the details in this one. Part of the product that people paid for is the “software as a service” model, so when people pay either a flat fee (or monthly, in the case of game-pass), people are right to expect reasonable and continued updates to the product. reasonable being open to interpretation, I will grant you, heh.

Anyways, you seem perfectly nice. :slight_smile: I just wanted to color some context to people’s ire. I don’t get the impression most of the people are upset without reason.

7 Likes

Yes, well English wasn’t invented. The English language evolved from many other languages such as Latin, French German and Gaelic to name but a few. Don’t be embarrassed that you labored under the misconception that English was somehow an invention of the English it is a common mistake.

2 Likes

Oh, I agree. They have reason. What I am suggesting is some have lost all reason. It’s the degree of upset I refer to, not the reason. That much is obvious. I hesitate to think what would happen should something actually traumatic happen to them.

2 Likes

What’s going on fellas, is the update delayed again? Sorry to ask but I’m not going to scroll and find the answer throughout the 2,000 replies on this thread.

Spelt is British too. But in US we say spelled.