World update 3: UK

Yes per the announcement post by Royal in #community:news-and-announcements. If you have not done so, I recommend subscribing to that category as only forum staff can post there, and that is where all official announcements go.

ha. I’m sure there would be lots of tears :smile: A lot of the content certainly reads like that doesn’t it?

I guess its an open question then on what can be done to get everyone on the same page.

I’ve been trying since launch to hold MS/Asobo’s feet to the fire in a respectful, but intellectually honest way. At the same time, not everyone has shown an aptitude for polite but honest discussion
so what does MS/Asobo do?

I have no doubt all these irritated folks are driving away, (or are being driven away themselves), and paying customers are being lost left and right.

I have ideas, but I don’t think Asobo will like them very much ha.

1 Like

Hey, it is not the end of the world. Weekend is close, it’s Valentine’s day, most of us are in quarantine and people are dying. Don’t forget that the developers are people like you. Their lives don’t revolve around a piece of software, although it is probably what puts dinner on their table.

I am certain that they would also want this update to come out as soon as possible. ASOBO is in France right? Don’t they have strict covid related restrictions? Don’t you think that these wouldn’t play any part in this delay? I am not saying that they did play a part, but the MSFS community (not much of it, but that is my opinion) should understand how the world is nowadays. Empathy is missing, and no one puts oneself in other people’s shoes (well not all, but a lot).

Let them deliver the update whenever is ready and then, if the final product is not what you expected, you can express your feelings (or not, you can do whatever you want, this is what I would do).

4 Likes

The world has been pretty awful over the last 14 or so months. I wouldn’t be surprised if today’s update was a ray of hope in an otherwise depressing world for some people, and to that end, I can understand the intercity of upset from some users.

9 Likes

I can understand that. I got back in to flight sims early on in the lockdown. It’s been a daily distraction for me, and a chance to travel
without moving. I like to get the odd Dune reference in when I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My new car was same as my old model from 15 years ago. I loved it and the company, I trusted would actually improve this model even better and run even more efficiently than the last model (the advertised features looked amazing). Afterall, it’s decades later.
But with this new model, there were so many problems to just make it run. Many recalls and updates to fix issues.
It would drive nicely sometimes, but not everything worked. Sometimes the transmission would die. The radio was buggy and the axle made a grinding noise. The engine would often stall and die. Many complained, wanted satisfaction immediately.
I took it in and they fixed some things, but other issues then popped up. They said I’ve got to wait, and wait and just wait.
Can we make Lemonade from this? :lemon:

1 Like

There are a lot of accusations being thrown around at the moment. I believe the general sentiment here isn’t about the delay (maybe it is, but I’m in the ‘release a quality product even if it’s delayed’ camp), but rather the poor communication that there was going to be further delays. Pushed out by another 5 days? Fine, but tell us as soon as you make that decision and why (especially if it is a last minute one).

4 Likes

FSX had tons of issues at release, though.

1 Like

True. I actually realize the issues in ongoing development with a product like this.
I’m just making a consumers point, and kinda venting lol! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Exactly! :ok_hand:
I mean there wasn’t a manual, or when they made changes eg). to the Sensitivity settings in Options-Controllers; What exactly do all those new settings do?? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Yes! I think there should be a halt on all World Updates and new scenery until the Sim has matured and many of the heavy issues are fixed. This makes so much sense to me.

I’ve been thinking about putting together a separate post about this for the Wishlist section (so it can be voted on).

9 Likes

I know really, Ive played hundreds of games over the years that used joystick/controllers, and I have never seen so many adjustments for joystick settings + sensitivty, - sensitivity, dead zone, nuetral zone etc etc
Im afraid to touch them for fear of what might happen to my joystick.

1 Like

I agree with you 100%.

We all benefit more if we have a sim that works without errors with a good ATC and well detailed aircraft. Don’t polish the outside, but first make the inside better.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, this is NOT normal retail business practices. They release a product with virtually NO information whatsoever on its functions and operations. For the amount this cost us, which is 5 or 6 times the price of any other (Xbox) games. WTF are they thinking?
Right now, I feel I’ve been taken, duped, ripped-off. Sold a flawed product!

4 Likes

But what lessons are you expecting them to learn? Are you saying they didn’t already know that it’s a bad idea to announce delays like this at the last minute? They already knew that. Everyone knows that. They knew it but announced late anyway.

2 Likes

In the Netherlands we say,
"The Customer is the King, but I (Microsoft) am the Emperor."

This means that the customer may think that he is a big deal, but he must be happy that he can spend money on my products. Microsoft’s first priority is to sell its products and not to satisfy its customers.

3 Likes

Guys, lets just save our breath and our energy, me included. I am frustrated beyond belief, like hundreds if not thousands are. I have no trust with Asobo anymore simply because they never fulfill what they say they will on the time they say it. They need either larger staff
 or hold people accountable.

But with all that said, all we’re gonna get from the fanboys on these forums are hate towards us because they think all of us are mad we have to wait another 5 days – which none of us ever said that was the issue. The issue is Asobo over promises and under delivers – there are COUNTLESS TOP 5 bugs that us alphas identified months in advance and they’re still not worked on or there is no progress at all, week after week, like unlock and improve airliners immedaitely, fix LOD/Photogrammetry, fix AI and fix ATC. Things we need for a full functioning sim. Then work on the UK photos and other smaller countries once you get the main things fixed.

That is what most of you said to me through out today. Let’s just pray Asobo hears us.

6 Likes

Not only hear us, but actually do something with it. :unamused:
Don’t make us wait years for essential updates and bug fixes.

1 Like

Scared to say anything cause I’ll no doubt be called a “fan”boy. Look “fan” up in Swedish. And no it is much stronger than da m n :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

The essence of a flight sim is to simulate flying an airplane.
In addition, it is necessary to make the flight possible and to approach reality as closely as possible.

The planes in MSFS 2020 are now too simple.
Third party suppliers may improve this in the future.
However, the base of the sim will have to be adjusted so that these planes can fly, taxi and park at the gates and the pilots can communicate with the ATC.

• Improve ATC communication and make this communication logical.
    Not sending planes to high altitudes when they are on final approach
    Guide them safe to the ground.
  • Clean up unnecessary vehicles in parking lots and taxiways.
  • Improve terrain elevation and cleanup spikes.

Nice scenery is already there and yes it can always be better, but fix the bugs and essentials first.
A good flight sim has good looks and feel.
At this moment the looks are to much the priority of Asobo.

5 Likes