World Update 4 installation message: “WAIT” followed by 18 Gb. downloading again

this is all I get
Microsoft Flight Simulator Update Bug - YouTube

Nothing Community folder, MSFS Starter program updated, Windows Updated, alls other Apps from MS Store updated, no third party frewall or Antivirus used.

I will let this run for a day or two to see if it gets fixed, then I will try de-installation and installing new again.

Is there a way to store all my settings from the options somewhere ?

Try restarting the sim and the computer. If it’s in this loop it’ll stay there I’m afraid.

thank you :slight_smile:

I am now restarting every time it gets in a loop.
Every new try it manages to download a couple of the 150 files then a loop again.
I’ll keep trying…

I really don’t know if it helps. I’m afraid it is all a bit coincidental. I really hope Microsoft will fix this behavior before the next update. In my view that’s not worthy of the sim.

I have de-installed everything and am now downloading all of the MSFS 2020 from scratch.

Good luck!

1 Like

I am back in the game, download of completely new installation went flawless.

Nice. But I seriously hope that Asobo will fix this because I don’t want to download the game completely new every time they force an update. I don’t think I’ll be patient enough for that…

If that’s what it takes…

Next time I’ll just do a completely new install the very first second the update doesn’t load and the let it download overnight.

It’s not ideal, but if it works this way, I will do it.

after update couple day ago, today fs inform me to update launcher and once log back to program, content manager ask to update everything include community folder, what just happen to me? really new update or bug?

Ya know…everytime an update comes around for MSFS 2020 I literally pucker up because some stupid $#!T is about to happen…and this one was no different. Went to update and fail. OK emptied community folder, that worked last time but this time fail. Ok…make sure all windows and drivers updated…still fail. Tried a supposed hotfix …FAIL FAIL FAIL…so the inevitable uninstall and clean reinstall…ya know what…FFFAAAIIIILLLLLLLL…why why why Asobo must it be this painful?? Just stuck on 1 of 232 files at 7MB…oh excuse me 7MIB! As you can see in first screen shot I have 240G avail for a 170G download…this is just insane…someone PLEASE tell me you have the answer to this stupid riddle

20210416204301_1|690x274
20210416213742_1|690x274

I painfully removed all my addons to discover that 3 of them were causing the CTD since the new update. I know a newer update was pushed 2 days ago (1.15.8.0) but it did not resolve my CDT… Will wait for a new update of the faulty addons…

Thanks flor the guidance!

installation completed, but now all the files in the community folder appear pending installation and are actually installed