World Update 4 installation message: “WAIT” followed by 18 Gb. downloading again

Installing the update IV when reaching 100% download and start unzipping, an indication appears: “WAIT” and reload from 18 Gb., I did not finish installing. What I do? Do I close MFS2020 and start over?

Hi @CountyAsp85,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

I also have the problem that the download loops after already having downloaded 18GB. It gets up to about 19GB. Then it starts over at 18.

What is going on there? Am I supposed to start the download over? Why is this always happening? Can this not be fixed by Microsoft if they’re forcing updates on us? This is extremely frustrating for me to be honest.

The file it’s stuck on is fs-base-cgl-0.1.62.fspatch.001. It gets up to 16% and the it start over. It’s been stuck there for like 2h now…

When it stucks, just close the sim and re-launch it, the download will continue where it leaved!

Unfortunately that didn’t help. It keeps starting over with the download.

I cannot believe how frustrating this experience is. Why can’t they fix this?

I am also having the same problems with downloading the latest update. It got to 95% then it just restarted. I am so angry as it has taken me over 2 hours to get this far. only for it to restart. what is going on? I’m not a happy man.

It can be an antivirus issue. Kaspersky for example is conflicting with the world update. Previously I had a component that Windows Defender always flagged as potentially harmful, so I kept reinstalling the thing. So check Kaspersky and/or Windows Defender and/or your antivirus program.

me too. Startet downloading 22Gb. After some time it reached something about 18Gb. I go away and look again some time later - he´s at 17GB???. Short before ending he restarts again ab about 17-18GB. I paused, closed MSFS, restart and what now? 89GB download!!! Same thing happend last World Update. Other Update has no Problems. Sorry for following words - so good the sim might be - the downloads are the worsest thing I ever had and really sucks. Only good thing is that I have a openend flatrate.
When this caused by Defender or something (I have only Windows Defender) - sorry but it must be possible today to bring downloads to people who are not effected by those programms, or not?

That didn’t work either. I turned everything of. Windows defender and my other anti-virus software.

Still the same. It keeps looping on fs-base-cgl-0.1.62.fspatch.001

I faced this in the past. Later I discovered my disk was full. I made some space by deleting other stuff, and then the downloading and installation continued.

I agree with you. This is absolutely ridiculous how this update process is screwed up. It makes me dread the updates not look forward to them…

For me the section “Profile” is gone after the update. When in the main menu and clicking on the “profile” button on top, an empty screen pops up. Can not access my content manager, logbook and all other options included there.

Please help!

For me it just crashes to desktop so I will wait to play this update

FS is not even starting. It stops loading at wildness flights / events screen. Loadbar is full blue but nothing happens.

edit: I removed the liveries in the community folder and now its starting.

WoW! Since I updated to v. 1.15.7.0, the games loads ok, I can select my flight’s perimiters (Airports, runways, etc), then I click Fly… The game loads and then once the airport shows with the “begin flight” button, I don’t even haver time to click on the button and the game crashes to desktop (CTD). I tried numerous times with the exact same results… Is there a way to fix this or revert back to the previous version of FS2020?

I have 715Gb of space. So no problem there I think.

I understand that updating software is not that easy but if a company like Microsoft has this many issues then I’m not looking forward toward the next Windows update…

Do you have any addons in the Community?
If so, try removing them.
Almost always the CTDs if they are not due to the hardware are due to some addon in the Community

toomk me 3 or 4 quits to finally get it updated im still not sure its done it properly im having issues with the Garmin mods which is a bit of a deal breaker for me, this has been the worst update ever

Hi there,
I’m sorry to hear of your issue. I have changed your topic title to make it easier to understand what is happening.

Mine finally downloaded one day later. I just think it is coincidence when it works which makes me not looking forward to the next update…