World Update 5

Yes, I know, I know we are still waiting the World Update 4. But the question is, somebody knows which countries will be there???

2 Likes

Honestly I hope they go outside of Europe and North America for this one, I understand the markets mainly are over there but it would be nice to see some place different.

12 Likes

i hope they will improve north africa, and specially my country Morocco

12 Likes

How about Asobo stops world updates and focuses on fixing the sim.

113 Likes

Hopefully Brazil, but I agree fixing the issues is more important.

11 Likes

There are two teams. The World Update team is not doing Sim updates. The Sim update team is addressing the issues.

19 Likes

Its a very different team / group / country making the Scenery, as opposed to fixing the internals of the simulator.

Very different skill set – so it makes virtually no difference how much scenery the contracted labor that makes the scenery creates, it does not affect things like getting the AP to work correctly, or optimizing the performance of the sim.

Think OUTSIDE the Box (or in this case, the Devs in France)

What more Scenery does is to promote sales , which is income, that can be used to fund the sim’s internal performance development … so, you could argue, the More New Scenery, the better, to help get the basic sim “fixed”

31 Likes

My best guess for outside of europe and north america will be:
Australia (including new sealand and pacific islands)

if it will be another europian update my first guess will be:
germany including switzerland, austria (alps region)
otherwise scandinavia.

4 Likes

How about this? One team fixes the bugs and the other tests instead of working on new eyecandy? :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t want a world update , I want real AI traffic liveries

17 Likes

Italy and/or Spain would be interesting, and of course anything in North America is great by me. I believe at some point there is a USA update 2 & 3 planned (the size of it simply limits their ability to do it all in one), but no dates or what may be in between those, as I’m fairly sure they prefer to bounce around when possible. Of course, it all depends on where they can get data.

For me, order of preference would be: 1) USA Update #2; 2) Canada; 3) Mexico; 4) Germany; 5) Italy; 6) Spain; and 7) Eastern Europe??

7 Likes

Italy already on roadmap as 2022-2023.

5 Likes

Glad that Antarctica got a couple places to operate out of in the last update.

1 Like

Where do you find this extended roadmap??

EDIT: Nevermind…saw it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well if you first have the Uk, then the Benelux it wouldn’t surprise me if the Germans are next in line…it’s a line from the west to the east, or probably France for the same reason, except the line goes south then…

They’ll primarily go by the data available. If they find high resolution DEM etc. that’s a likely cause to go with the next world update where that’s available. They do take community request (by voting) into consideration as well. But if there’s a high request rate, but no data available, then you’re unlikely to see a world update for that area.

1 Like

Please remember that it will depend on what new data will be available as well.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought I heard one of the guys on the official podcast say that one of the upcoming world updates would be Russia

3 Likes

There is more to North America than the US. Canada, the second largest country in the world with a population over 30 million deserves an update too. Who wouldn’t want to fly the Northwest Passage? Do a transatlantic with a stop at Gander NL; fly along the St Lawrence; view the Thousand Islands; Fly through the Rockies; Vancouver;Toronto; Montreal; Lake Louise etc etc

18 Likes

I would really hope for an Oceana update. Lots of islands to improve and some beautiful places that need work.

7 Likes