World Update 7

I would think Canada would be next with 11 msfs photogrammetry cities whereas Australia has 6 photogrammetry cities. I would think MSFS would gravitate to choosing a region with more photogrammetry cities to make their product look better. Just a thought. Hope the do photogrammetry for Saskatoon, Sask. too.

2 Likes

Not true. Itā€™s based on high res data availability + Jƶrgā€™s success in getting this high res data from governments etc at a reasonable price. I think.

They told that they are going to work with some tourist agencies to get some data for the WU7, so I donā€™t think that the next World Update would be anywhere in Europe or the West. Most likely Carribean or some place in Africa or South-East Asia.

For the next World updates we will be charged. Maybe. Who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

Latin America is severely lacking. Machu Picchu is a joke in the sim.

I never paid for a downgrade

Thankfully thereā€™s an addon to fix it

1 Like

U.S. again

Please donā€™t forget the Philippines. :grin:

Canada and a CL-415 since WU come now with an airplane

WU7:Canada and the Local Legends 2: CF-105 Avro Arrow? I know, Im asking for the sun, moon and stars!

2 Likes

Neumann has more or less confirmed that itā€˜s not gonna be in Europe. My bet is a country or region in Oceania.

I think microsobo should select a group of people from this country to help them to choose the POI and most relevant cities/monuments etc to be updated. Only people from the country could help them, once I think that microsobo dev are not aware of the most important points of aa country. For exemple, sometimes there is a point that is realllllyy important for the peole who lives there, but not known by foreigners - if it is not touristic, maybe microsobo would not be aware of this poi

1 Like

They already do that. They said that they were working together with tourist offices from the respective countries. There will always be people who are not happy with their choices of course but I think this is a sensible approach.

2 Likes

Looks like the next World Update is now going to be next year based on the roadmap published on the latest weekly dev update. Planning two Sim updates in quick succession in Oct/Nov.

Why not December?

Australia and NZ pleasešŸ˜€

7 Likes

Something that is not Euro centric like NZ or Australia. At this point I would be happy with just a mesh update for Australia.

4 Likes
  1. South East Asia please! One of the most heavily visited areas of the world and most if its cities other than Singapore have been given no love.

2. East Africa would be nice, although know itā€™ll never happen. Add more fauna into the game reserves, give a few cities a touch up even if not photogrammetry.

Not sure why everyone NEEDS their country to be updated I find iti more exciting to visit places I havenā€™t been.

3 Likes

I heard December.