World update: Canada

Who think this should be one of the next one to be updated?

18 Likes

Yes for sure! Lots of magnificent scenery and cities.

2 Likes

Not me. Canada is too big. The UK and Ireland (Eire) should be next as that’s more woeful.

21 Likes

World Update: Antarctica

8 Likes

During the first UK lockdown, a lot of aerial surveys were done so fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Oh I didn’t know that, thanks for the info.

Canada has 11 photogrammetry cities & much better satellite data in most places.

The UK has 2 photogrammetry cities & fairly naff sat data in many places.

Some countries have no photogrammetry & terrible sat data. They have to look at the market. Where people bought the sim, where people fly, decent locations/landmarks & points of interest to fly etc. On average & in past flight sims, the UK sales market is second only to USA.

London is one of the only major cities in the game in need of photogrammetry with nearby Heathrow & surrounding airports being some of the most flown in the world. Aside from that, other cities would make for great photogrammetry & places like the Scottish Highlands, Lake District & Welsh Mountains would make for stunning flights if updated.

8 Likes

Honestly I’d prefer anything but the west.

Give Asia/Middle East/Russia some love.

5 Likes

South America needs some big touching up no photogrammetry in South America

7 Likes

Honestly, not.
Europe has soooo much to offer if you consider the diversity of landscape and cities.
I always wondered why ORBX insisted on north-west america, or northern land in general, no offence guy but miles and miles of forest don’t mean so much to me…
But of course this is a personnal point of view :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

We’ll get the full Canada World Update in the same update that boosts us up to 100 fps on a 750Ti.

Canada always gets short changed on everything anyway, so I wouldn’t be getting my hopes up.

4 Likes

Brazil and Latin America. The highest rate of natural beauty of the world world.

3 Likes

Unfortunately the lack photogrammetry data and patchy satellite imagery in Bing is an issue.

1 Like

Preach it hope they give this region attention sometime next year! guess people need to travel more.

The UK is in serious need of redoing, have you seen what they’ve done to our amazing castles, most of them have been turned into tower blocks

7 Likes

Canada short-changed? Hey you got Harry and Megs before the USA so be thankful!

That just comes down to a lack of photogrammetry. The UK has very little from what I understand.

Yeah. They cost us a fortune for security details for the short time they were here. Good riddance. American’s can keep them, along with Juston Beiber, Nickleback and Celine Dion.

3 Likes

I preferred your original word for them before you altered it!

Yeah, I fully expected THAT word to get censored. And it didn’t. lol Thought it was best to change it before it drew the ire of the moderators.

1 Like

UK definitely , agree with you DaveBGaming, don’t forget the Yorkshire Dales, also some amazing scenery in Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Would be a great update. Just hope they don’t do a Europe wide update and include the UK in it. Deserves its own

5 Likes