World Update: Canada?

As another Canadian Simmer, I would be quite happy to see a WU to cover the places I’ve been flying in real life! At least the marketplace is flush with Canadian content for airports! Seeing some more of our country in photogrammetry, and some more landmarks added would be fantastic. And for the love of everything, they need to fix the CN Tower haha (I never thought I’d say that…).

Also, let’s not get into a debate about Canada’s nation status, shall we?

1 Like

Canada is a tiny country north of Minnesota. I should know I live there.

Agreed :smiley:

Maybe to be more international we could make it Canada/Greenland/Iceland/St. Pierre and Miquelon.

Not a bad idea but Canada is already so massive this might be a lot to ask in one WU :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fair enough we can drop St. Pierre and Miquelon. :grinning:

Haha yeah that should do it

If we can’t get a world update, autogen Tim Hortons locations would add to the realism.

4 Likes

Yeah Yeah… Except that this province is bigger than the entire US after Russia…

Nice province you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it.

1 Like

As living in Quebec, for sure Canada would be really great. But there is a problem. Canada is an extremely large country and about 90% of the territory above the larges cities is so poor. All small airports found in FS2004 are missing in FS2020, textures are really bad. If they do a WU for Canada, I’m about sure northern Canada with no population will be revemped but only the low Canada along the boundary. Don’t expect too much of a such WU. I’m glad Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec are very well done.

André

Would love to see that, as another Canadian simmer. But we do have Roman Designs CYOW up and coming and releasing soon to look fwd to. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in NFLD and very close to St. Pierre and Miquelon… and I’m ok with that lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wholly molly… I didn’t know that… I already purchased the SIMADDONS CYOW… It is nice but it has some bugs and it is a transport from FSX I believe. But the RomanDesign one looks fabulous

Well according to the Q&A the Nordics are next up for WU 5 including Iceland :slight_smile: Looks like they are at least geographically moving towards Canada :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I didn’t know about the CYOW you mentioned. I probably would’ve done the same thing. It sure does!!! looking fwd. I’ve done the same with a couple other airports as better ones came out. Orbx Samedan was the last one.

This really should be flagged. Or at the very least some very heavy sanctions levied.

4 Likes

Heee Heee :rofl:

Yay Canada and fix the green roads in and around calgary please!

1 Like

Sadly, the majority of the country doesn’t even have decent satellite coverage. On of my favorite regions to fly in transitions from low res summer to frozen low res rivers in mid flight. I would love to see an update as well but it would be nice if we could start with some improved base scenery.

5 Likes