World Update Canada

And, this looks like it’s in very early stages, they do say it’s “alpha”. But it’s custom, not just re-used SDK buildings. Hasn’t been updated in a while though? Hopefully it’s still being worked on?

1 Like

Yes this… Need Canadian Airports to fly too!!! YYJ, YYC, YEG, YYZ, YUL… Please do this!!!

2 Likes

Don’t understand why more Canadians haven’t voted for this update.

6 Likes

Would love to see a Canada WU! It’s a vast and beautiful country. :canada:

7 Likes

Aerosoft will soon be releasing a new Twotter (Twin Otter), all the STOL, water landing and tundra tire options you probably desire. My favourite ride nest to the BushHawk they also developed for FSX.
Still just talk within the forums. Looks like August

Aerosoft Aircraft: Twin Otter - Product Previews - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

2 Likes

I did see a bit more of Canada at the end of my world tour and would really like to do a full Canadian tour next. A world update would be very nice to have first though.

Canada currently has 11 PG areas (vs close to 260 in the USA), 4 landmarks and 2 star airports. The north of Canada looks pretty bare, Alert and Grise Fiord deserve some love as the northern most airports. Especially Grise Fiord with its incredible approach

Anyway, what I saw at the end of my tour

Haskell Free Library, Derby Line-Stanstead in Leg 321
Niagara Falls in Leg 322
Windsor, London, Long Point and back to Brantford in the final Leg 323

3 Likes

all of Quebec’s airport/runways are missing above the 54th parallel.
Havent test the rest of Canada, but if they are the same, then A LOT are missing

2 Likes

Yep, I had to improvise on my tour at the start. Saint Anthony CYAY, Clyde River CYCY, Grise Fiord CYGZ, not in the game so landed at their coordinates. Many more are missing.

i guess its too late now for your Canada tour, but here is a ton of Québec’s airports remade

https://www.jpfil.com/quebec-fs2020/aeroports.htm?fbclid=IwAR1Vi3889fmcluUgxkrTR0hGiEp2EZ3j-4X9pWZTAznkpiFbq0O3oBNPTr0

2 Likes

I just added TWO new sceneries, one a current airport missing in Arctic Canada and the other bringing back an airfield (that currently is abandoned but one can land on it) on the Hudson Bay coast of Ontario.

Enjoy - there are more coming when I find the time to create them. I am also looking for more information on these remote places to add details, especially more on the old RCAF Station at Winisk.

2 Likes

There is a decent CYQR payware airport. But unfortunately they didn’t implement the air traffic control tower, ground services or bridge.

Has anybody successfully added the ATC frequencies for the missing Western Canadian airports like CYQR ?

Also voted as lots of mid size Canadian cities need updating.

Yes. Canada needs to be featured in an update. Maybe a ‘North America’ update with Mexico too. The west coast needs the addition of float plane bases, lighthouses, etc. as does the east coast.

Hi All,
Based on MSFS Developer update we can expect the following updates:
October 2021 - unknown where it will be.
December 2021 - unknown where it will be.
6 World Updates in 2022 of which THREE seem to have been decided: Brazil, Italy, and if you read between the lines, Korea too.
Will Canada be one of the 5 World updates left in the list before the end of 2022?

So everyone. VOTE on this. It seems that is how the World Updates for Brazil and Italy got on the list. The current vote total under triple digits is not likely to garner attention from MS/Asobo.

PS - Australia is almost in triple digits in votes.

1 Like

Voted, but I’m not holding my breath. Canada is insignificant in terms of market size. There are so many more significant markets way ahead on the list.

Flight Simulator World Updates My Prediction and Maybe China will be 2023 for Chinese New Year but it may be early 2022 for chinese new year who knows.

November 2021 - Australia

January 2022 - Italy

March 2022 - South Korea

June 2022 - USA Part 2

August 2022 - Russia

October 2022 - Brazil

December 2022 - Canada

What is the criteria for the world updates? Is it based upon where the most FS2020 sales are from? Just curious. Would love to see a YYJ addon like Don Grovestine quality.

While waiting for World Update Canada at some hopefully date soon in the future, I have added two more missing airfields in the Canadian Arctic this weekend:

1 Like

I would venture to guess the criteria is almost entirely dependent on what photogrammetry data the Bing maps team and Blackshark.Ai group can get there hands on. And not just any photogrammetry, has to meet the quality standard (increased resolution, no shadows, no cloud coverage, correct season / time of day, etc) then they will implement it as soon as they can.

1 Like

I need it for my Twin Otter Canadian lake tour, my irl dream for a way of life!!

3 Likes

This would be fantastic. I’ve been flying over BC and Ontario and so much is missing or in poor shape.

1 Like