World Update - Caribbean Edition

I would really love to have a Caribbean World Update, its a great place to fly for all aircraft types and people fly there from all over the world. Lets hope we get one soon! Thank you Asobo and Microsoft for all we have had so far.

6 Likes

Who wouldn’t love a Caribbean world update? I like doing short hops between the islands, so this world update would be one for me!

4 Likes

Agreed! You can fly all types of aircraft, from the 152 to the 747, and from hops of 3 NM to flights of several hours. All in the same region! It would be so awesome to have a Caribbean world update. Please upvote if you haven’t already!

1 Like

It’s coming in WU35 just wait and see.

1 Like

Very good idea !

2 Likes

Fly to the paradise !

2 Likes

Though I may have missed something, I’ll just put this out there…

2 Likes

I hope so. :pray:

That would be cool I would love that.

1 Like

As always it depends on the data availability, as it involves a lot of countries it can be more challenging.

This would be great, especially if combined with more float plane optimization.

1 Like

Are there any freeware sources for high quality terrain mesh/ photogrammetry of the bigger islands like Jamaica? Or does this really require someone talking to the governments of these countries?

So world update 13 will cover a bunch of Pacific islands! Let’s try to share and bump of the thread for perhaps a future release! :grinning:

2 Likes

Now that we have the ATR I’m just hoping we get world update Caribbean sometime this year if not next year.

3 Likes

Incredible that the Caribbean, with so many tropical destinations is the last to get a scenery update.

Dear Asobo, please please give us a Caribbean Update

6 Likes

I’ve been flying all the over the world and was rarely disappointed by the MSFS scenery. It can even be said often spectacular.

I am crisscrossing now is the Caribbean islands (Turks & Caicos to Grenada). And I am not happy of what I see. A rather coarse sat imagery and vector data, dull vegetation, darkish not to say gloomy autogen buildings. Almost FS9 territory. Only thing, some very lovely watermasks.

I wish that Microsoft would give us a WU doing better justice to theses islands.

2 Likes

Really need a Dash-8 with fully enabled failure model and striking pilots to replicate that authentic LIAT experience.

5 Likes

I hope Caribean will be the nex world update :+1:

4 Likes

It would be awesome as well because I used to fly around the Caribbean a lot in FSX with an Embrear 120 exploring the islands one at a time once I found good freeware add ons for them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi

I’m from Puerto Rico, we have a lot of Flight simmers who which to have a caribbean update. Our territory expand to many different island withs its own beauty and many airports. Please have a us in consideration for the new world updates.

4 Likes